*waves*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elinox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all! *waves*
I'm Elinox, or Eli for short. I hail from central Pennsylvania; a landlocked state where chocolate is plentiful and diving would be freezing and dark. To remedy this, I've chosen to dive in the Caribbean as much as possible!

I've always been a swimmer and a fish at heart, so scuba diving and becoming certified has been on my bucket list for many years. I experienced two Discover Scuba dives, the first two dives were with Alex Scuba in Cozumel in 2012 and the second two dives were in St. Maartin's in May of 2013. As soon as I could breathe underwater I was hooked like a marlin on a line! Luckily, my husband loved the experience just as much as I did and so we set about planning a trip to become certified. Since we'd enjoyed Alex Scuba so much, we spent an entire week diving with him and his crew in Cozumel, Mexico recently. We both passed with flying colors and are now certified PADI open water divers! (We're just waiting on our cards to arrive!)

My husband has been a guest and lurking here for weeks before we went to Cozumel, so I thought it was time I joined up as a member. :wink:

Other than my new obsession with scuba diving, I enjoy reading sci-fi fantasy books, writing (both as part of my job and for fun), playing D&D, hiking, watching movies (mostly action and sci-fi fantasy themed), hanging out with family and friends, going to the gym and cuddling my kitty. My favorite color is blue and my favorite book is the 10th Kingdom.

If you want to know anything else, please feel free to ask!

Don't forget about the Great Lakes. We have some of the best shipwrecks in the world near us. :)

Welcome!

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

It'd still be a good idea to hire a private DM for the first couple of dives. Have a great trip...!! :pilot:

Back
Top Bottom