Wearing BCD on aircraft.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the dorkiest thread I have ever read...seriously, wearing your BC on the plane???please!

cant agree more:dork2:

Innovative and thinking out of the box....! Hey, to each his or her own. In fact, I am somewhat jealous of those who pull this off !! If I were going to Cozumel, flight from Houston, two hours up and down, and, I was told my luggage was overweight and something had to be left behind, I just might put on my BCD. If it meant fly to Cozumel to dive or not...I would wear my wetsuit and mask as well !!! :D

Based on a design by a UTD instructor in Seattle, I made the following backplate and pack set-up.

backplate_pak_4.jpg

I think you should also wear your wetsuit on the plane. As I say, "go big or stay home". Although it would be a huge PITA to use the facilities, unless you don't mind peeing in your wetsuit. Hopefully you will have your booties on too :wink:

Oh, boy! Just got a new Dive Goddess suit. Think I'll look conspicuous?:dork2:

I am going to wear my snorkel vest on the plane, in case we land in the Hudson. :pilot:

It's up to you. But with the air pressure you might just want to set it in front of your seat. :D

From the Delta website.....

Dangerous Goods restrictions at delta.com
Personal Floatation Devices
If you are so inclined, you may bring your own personal life jacket, though we do provide them to all passengers. Delta will accept one self-inflating life jacket that contains no more than two small carbon dioxide cylinders plus no more than two spare cylinders as checked or carry-on baggage.

Return to top

hmmmm...............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom