Webbed Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None of the neoprene or lycra webbed gloves I have tried were very practical for anything but resistance training for swimming. The only glove I found to be considered as effective equipment were by darkfin at darkfingloves.
As far as propulsion, they are used in addition to rather than your fins. The best technique is to leave your hands at your side like you normally would and stroke them up and down in more or less in sync with your feet. I also found that they really improve surge control, they act a little like pectral fins. Anyone who hasn't tried this glove really hasn't tried a real webbed glove

Roy

My bed times have been all over the place for the last year basically. When I was working last summer I had to get up really early (about 4.45am) because my job was an early start so I would go to bed about 9pm, 10pm at the latest. Then when I went to college and moved away from my parents house my bed times went crazy and I was going to bed at like 1am or 3am and now I'm back home for the summer but working a later shift in my job my bed times are pretty late, average about 1am.
What about everyone else?

We run a very active adaptive scuba program here at our dive center, and this is what we use and recommend for our divers that have difficulty using their legs for proplusion.

Pro Paddle Gloves

For more information on our programs or the great work the International Association for Handicapped Divers does in the Americas, check out their website here.

Hope that helps!

I'm familiar with the glove your talking about. It's still in the novelty class of webbed gloves. You don't have as much flexibility as the latex rubber glove and little if any dexterity. I think if your going to take a webbed glove as serious dive equipment (I do) Then you have to take time and do some comparisons. Check out a glove called DARKFIN gloves they only sell on line. I think it's the only one out there that is selling more than just the Idea.

"They" only sell on line? Roy McKinney - be honest with your posts - DarkFin is your company! Geeesh!

ROY Darkfin, no disrespect ,as I may be out of line, and reading it wrong. But Im on here reading these post for a friend trying to help him out with a good gift , and trying to research what the guys are throwing out for me. But by your 3 or more posts , I dont even want to go to the site that you are pushing. One glove is not the same for all, and one glove is not the end all be all. If that was the case there would only be one company that raked in billions. As I said , I may be wrong, may have read more into it , and if so Im sorry. But you promoted Darkfin, so all is well. Let the rest make up their own minds. Keep em coming guys , still looking for a gift.

I'm not sure where I crossed the line between pushing a site you don't want and offering a new product but whatever. Curious, aside from showing that I'm new to this forum, what does the number of post I have made have to do with anything? To everyone FOR HEAVENS SAKE DON'T CHAT WITH ME I MIGHT SELL YOU SOMTHING AHHHHHHH! Good grief!

Roy .... putting a link to your site in your signature would easily show that your a spokesman for said gloves, and would be appreciated

None of the neoprene or lycra webbed gloves I have tried were very practical for anything but resistance training for swimming. The only glove I found to be considered as effective equipment were by darkfin at darkfingloves.
Roy,
Where people might misunderstand your post comes from the following:
1. You discussed in general terms the "other" manufacturers of webgloves in a negative terms. Ok if you have no dog in the fight. Not OK if you are a competitor.
2. You sang the virtues of your product without divulging that you were connected to the company. Not saying your product is not all you said it is. Just saying that when you have an interest in a product (business) and people know that up front when you recommend the product they respond better.
3. As a new poster who has a limited history of contributing, your arrival talking about the virtues of your product strikes people as little as marketing.

Last of all, welcome to Scubaboard. The addition of your company to your signature line will tell people that you have an interest in the product and serve as a advertisement for your company every time you post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom