Webbed Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Several people use fin pocket protectors (the plastic form that comes in most fins to hold their shape in shipping) with an elastic band that slips over the wrist. If the user has enough dexterity to grasp the fin pocket protectors that gives them a good paddle shape to increase their effectiveness in the swim movement with the hands (breast stroke or sculling) and still leaves the hands available for checking gages etc.

How many times you eat during a normal ... every day life?
are you the type of person who eats a bit and often?
or rarely and too much?

i usually have 3 and i'm the 2nd type of person (though it's not that healthy)

8 am breakfast

3pm lunch

9pm a snack.

Got it.
Thanks for the lesson in posting and the welcome aboard.
I didn't realize I could get in trouble so easy here. Now that I have been exposed for the for the devious capitolist that I am I apollogize to anyone whose underware got all bunched up. I am the owner of Black Lagoon Products and the designer of Darkfin webbed power gloves. My website is Scuba Diving Gloves | Surfing Gloves | Skydiving Gloves | Underwater Gloves | Webbed Gloves . Now for those of you who don't want to go there DON'T. See how easy that was. Anyone that would take a moment to look at my profile would see that I'm not tryin to hide anything. Anyone curious about webbed gloves or have an argument for or against them BRING it. Your talking to the authority on the subject.

Roy McKinney

Got it.
Thanks for the lesson in posting and the welcome aboard.
I didn't realize I could get in trouble so easy here. Now that I have been exposed for the for the devious capitolist that I am I apollogize to anyone whose underware got all bunched up. I am the owner of Black Lagoon Products and the designer of Darkfin webbed power gloves. My website is Scuba Diving Gloves | Surfing Gloves | Skydiving Gloves | Underwater Gloves | Webbed Gloves . Now for those of you who don't want to go there DON'T. See how easy that was. Anyone that would take a moment to look at my profile would see that I'm not tryin to hide anything. Anyone curious about webbed gloves or have an argument for or against them BRING it. Your talking to the authority on the subject.

Roy McKinney

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: OK , Im done. Got out of high school along time ago. You guys take care and be safe.

Roy,
Where people might misunderstand your post comes from the following:
1. You discussed in general terms the "other" manufacturers of webgloves in a negative terms. Ok if you have no dog in the fight. Not OK if you are a competitor.
2. You sang the virtues of your product without divulging that you were connected to the company. Not saying your product is not all you said it is. Just saying that when you have an interest in a product (business) and people know that up front when you recommend the product they respond better.
3. As a new poster who has a limited history of contributing, your arrival talking about the virtues of your product strikes people as little as marketing.

Last of all, welcome to Scubaboard. The addition of your company to your signature line will tell people that you have an interest in the product and serve as a advertisement for your company every time you post.
That's a pretty reasonable post, I think
... no ones after you, it's just a little misunderstanding

I thought we were having a good time!
A harmless little shoot out sure beats talking about regulators. Hey Firefly what did you finally buy your friend, a subscription to dive magazine? Just kidding...BORRRRRING!

Everyone try and have some fun today

Don't give up on webbed gloves so fast!

1. If the concept of increasing surface area for propulsion wasn't sound then why do people wear fins?
2. If every new product idea was sentenced to death because the first designs were not perfect we wouldn't have any dive equipment, or computors, cars or anything else for that matter.
3. All of the complaints here are valid. You do need dexterity, comfort, flexibility, resistance control and a good gripping surface. Thats all about design and material changes!

Thats why people like myself continue the good fight. Can you imagine the first person to strap on a pair of big stupid looking fins on their feet and try and walk down the beach to the water?
Can you imagine the jokes that all of the EXPERT divers must have made. And yet some knuckle head just kept re-designing again and again in spite of all the nay-sayers until finally someone had the guts to try somthing that the EXPERTS said didn't work.

And as far as looking goofy or silly, Divers went way past that mark a long time ago! When is the last time you got fully suited up and stood in front of the mirror hot shot.

As an inventor/entrepreneur I get beat up by the so called experts everyday and accused of MARKETING them or TARGETING them. But I don't mind because I understand them. Anytime an idea challenges the current knowledge and understanding of the EXPERTS they feel their positions at the top of the pecking order is threatened. If it were up to these "inside the box only" thinkers, you still could'nt dive past the point you could no longer hold your breath.

The next time some one comes up to you and says "here, put this hollow tube in your mouth and stick your head under water" don't be to quick to judge.

" The willing will lead the way, the un-willing will be dragged along"

My 2 cents

Roy McKinney
Designer/ Darkfin gloves

Last edited:
Don't give up on webbed gloves so fast!

1. If the concept of increasing surface area for propulsion wasn't sound then why do people wear fins?....Roy McKinney
Designer/ Darkfin gloves

Not firing shots across the bow, just helping you define the challenge faced by divers outside the tropical waters zone so you can design a glove for them.

Webbed gloves may be nice to look at but try wearing the reef or skin weight stuff when the water is 42 degrees at 100 plus feet. Makes my hands cold just thinking about it. I'll stick to my 5mil or dry gloves and my hand paddles. If you want an actually "handicapped" diver to try your gear and give you a review let me know.

I absolutly want you to trial my product. FREE!

I designed and manufactured the first rubber webbed gloves in San Diego CA. about twenty years ago and lost the business to colon cancer about five years later. The only reason I mention it is that twenty years ago disabled divers loved this product for all the right reasons. Since then the market has been flooded with webbed gloves. The problem is that they all copied from each other. Some one would add a strap here or cut the fingers out there but no one was really innovating to bring about the fundamental changes needed to make this truley functional equipment. I've spent a lot of time since then re-designing this glove to bring it to a point where it is or is not going to be excepted as functional practical equipment.
As far as being cold water equipment, not all the equipment you have now is suitable for cold water dives.

Broken T10, if you or any other other disabled diver, would like a pair of my new Darkfin gloves to trial for yourself you have to do two things, 1st go to our web site darkfingloves.com and go to the size page titled "GET SOME" and figure out what size you wear. Next, using the customer service link, e-mail me with your name, size gloves needed, ship to adress and mention that you spoke with me on this forum and I'll send you a pair of gloves free. I'll even pay postage!
2nd, REALLY test the gloves. Ignore the naysayers, knowitalls and fasion police and wear them with the purpose of discovery. Wear them on several dives and ask yourself are they comfortable? am I able to do everything I need to with my hands with out the gloves getting in the way? Do they aid my propulsion? Do they help with things like surge control, directional change and reverse manuevers? Is the grip there when I need it? Do they offer any thermal protection at all? Are they flexible enough and tough enough? Then come here to post your findings. Make sure the gloves you receive are the correct fit. If you think they should be larger or smaller let me know. Fit is important, just like feet one size won't work for everyone.

Roy

Back
Top Bottom