Weight system help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prestonhf01

Registered
Reaction score
i am looking for a weight system that prevents bruising in my training i had a hip attachment version and i am skinny around the waist and it bruised my hip in the three days that it hurt to put on the weight belt anyone help?

How much weight are you requiring?

If I assume that you certified at home it's probably safe to say that it was a significant amount of weight. If it was a hard weight belt with some of the less comfortable weights and you reefed on it for security since you have no hips I can see your problem.

Significant weight to me implies more than you want to stuff into a weight integrated BC so you may want something else.

No hips has harness written all over it. There are some suspenders that can be added to a common weight belt. This will let you carry you weights easilly without bindng them to your bones. They are also much easier on your body when walking. The suspenders can be a bit awkward, especially if you ever need to ditch.

The DUI Weight and Trim II is a nice harness with integrated pouches, it is worn under your BC and the weights hang below. They allow great freedon in setting where you carry your weight for setting trim. You will then be well poised for diving dry.

Pete

There's a LOT of ways to get weight. Weighted backplate, weighted single tank adapter, steel tank, soft weights, integrated weights, tank weights, etc. Let us know how much weight you need.

Petes got it on the harness it is a sweet set up,and as you learn more you will drop lead and not need as much the more you dive, and ask any DM or dive shop you can place some weight over a large area and still get trim and have lead to ditch.
No fair us guys dont have hips, got to hate that on trips with a weight belt and feel that thing do the caribean slide down! and you lose lead on a boat wow they charge big $$
Dive safe and GOOD LUCK
Brad

I use the DUI Weight and Trim classic, seems like a more rugged version of the W+T II. I love it, won't go back to weight belt. It doesn't slip off and is very comfortable to wear. Highly recommended.

kazinvan:
I use the DUI Weight and Trim classic, seems like a more rugged version of the W+T II. I love it, won't go back to weight belt. It doesn't slip off and is very comfortable to wear. Highly recommended.
does it work with a bp/w setup? in the one photo i have seen the weights are positioned extremely high on the diver and would most likely interfere with buckling my harness.

kazinvan:
I use the DUI Weight and Trim classic
Looks interesting. I also cannot use a weight belt due to no hips (which is really weird, as I am about 6'3" and 300#) and I am always looking for a better way. Is this really better than using an integrated BC? For tropical diving ( I am a card carrying WWW) it seems like just one more piece of equipment to rassle with in a boat, and my Ranger has served me well now for several years. But I am always open to new ideas ( especially if they cost lots of money!:D ) I do have to use a lot of weight, and so....Woody

I have been using a weight harness I purchased from amer-sea over two years ago.

The weight is on my shoulders and not on my hips, and is completely adjustable. I mainly dive the Caribbean and have to wear a tee shirt because of the strap webbing. The weight pockets are quick-release, similar to Dive-Rite's.

To see the harness go to amer-sea.com and then open their "download our FREE catalog". Its on the bottom of page three.

This link may work: http://www.amer-sea.com/pdf-files/A-Scatalog8-05.pdf

Does having the weight on your shoulder make your trim go crazy? I couldn't imagine putting more weight up there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom