Weights with BP/WINGS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool, Tavi... i sure hope so!

again, thanks everyone for all the help. this board is priceless.

H2Andy:
again, thanks everyone for all the help. this board is priceless.
Actually i think we all know that Pete paid something for it and it costs some to upkeep - therefore it has a price!! :wink:

Glad you are finding uses for the board, even when you arent trying to mess with another FL conch diver! :wink:

H2Andy:
I am getting the DR Trek wings, with aluminum BP and
a single-tank adaptor for my continuing cave education.

What harness are you using? If you are using one with shoulder strap buckels you can easily slide on weight belt weights on the shoulder straps and move them down towards your hips.
I considered this but went with the small 5lb max weight pockets that I mount the same way. The slight advantage is that it is easier to change weight and use different type of weights and that the pockets also can be mounted elsewhere as for instance on the STA tank band. However, if worn in front somewhere the pockets can be opened and the weights removed if really necessary.

--A

Andy,

I agree with Uncle Ricky. I find the DUI weight harness to be extremely adaptable, and very, very comfortable because it gets that weight off the small of your back!

You can put as little or as much as you need in the pockets, and one-half (or all) is easily ditchable. The handles make that process instantaneous. Further, if you are in situation where you need to hand your weights up to someone on the boat, you do it one-half at a time, and the handles make it super easy!

I use two five-pounders, one in each of the front pockets, and raise the pockets as high as possible to achieve forward trim while diving with my Expedition Inspiration.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom