Weirdest/Eeriest Discoveries Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Lannon Quarry in Wisconsin, near zero viz. I decided to continue slowly just to build up some bottom time, but didn't really expect to enjoy much with such poor viz. As I slowly swam along the bottom, watching the mud slowly drift past my face mask, suddenly a snarling, toothy, evil-grinning face of a possum that had drowned and settled on his back on the bottom drifted right into my view, filling my field of vision. I dove wet suit at the time, but my drysuit would have become a wetsuit if I had been using one.

We found an armadillo skeleton in the sand at about 70 ft. of water near one of the reefs in Cozumel last fall. Very strange to see.

A stick.

Seriously.

It was my 12th dive, and we went deep, and deep, and still deeper in a cold and dark lake. I know it was cold because the computer said 54 degrees when I logged it post dive. We hit 107 feet in a hazy, but very dark green bottom, and after swimming across featureless mud for what felt like hours, encountered this stick looming above us as it stuck out of the mud.

Yeah, I was a little narced... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom