West Bank Park Mapping Operation - Soliciting Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I_AM:
if you have the bathymetry dataset then you can easily generate any map - including accurate dive maps.
Absolutely, you can, and they should be better quality than any you do with simple floats, lines, compasses, and range finders.

The only reason for not going that route is that I don't think we have that capability at present. I know I personally have everything I need to build a map useful for dive navigation -- I could get away with just a depth gauge, one float, and a range finder, assuming I was content to do it all relative to control points.

Frankly, doing it the "old-fashioned surveyor's way" just seems like a lot of fun to me, and it just so happens that it's fun *and* gives you a decent map when you're done. :D

ClayJar:
Frankly, doing it the "old-fashioned surveyor's way" just seems like a lot of fun to me, and it just so happens that it's fun *and* gives you a decent map when you're done. :D

Can't argue with that :wink:

Regards,

I_AM
:dork2:

Well, will try and have a 300 foot tape so we can do a good mapping. :)

bah, i cant go diving this weekend, my ear hurts too much, and the doc hasnt cleared me to dive, and i start working at Dip N' Dots at discover mills, just another way to fund the diving.

Piro:
bah, i cant go diving this weekend, my ear hurts too much, and the doc hasnt cleared me to dive, and i start working at Dip N' Dots at discover mills, just another way to fund the diving.

Diving with your ears messed up can only do one thing

make them worse.

its actually a little better, i tried Martins advice and put not hydrogen peroxide, but some eye drops the doctor presrcibed for my ears last year, so..... they are the same chemical from the same company but ear drops are like 5x more thn the eye ones were so that where we went ith that,

Is it Swimmer's Ear or an Infection? either way, I wouldn't go if I had a lot of pain in my ear.

i dont know i cant get in to see my doctor till Monday but i think its just an infection, so it outside the ear drum, where swimmers is in past the ear drum, or do i ahve those backwards??

Swimmer's Ear, or "otitis externa", is an infection in the ear canal (basically, where the little buggers squeeze between skin cells that have been wet too long, more or less).

A middle-ear infection (i.e. beyond the ear drum) is another thing, entirely, as the inflammation can close up the Eustachian tube, bringing barotrauma into the picture.

err a whata trauma, lol, i think it just an ordinary ear infection, and after the Doobie Brother and Peter Frampton concert tonight, they didnt hurt at all through the entire thing im hopeing that its gone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom