West Bank Park Mapping Operation - Soliciting Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I s/b able to dive saturday. probably can't make it an all day thing, but could get in 2-3 dives if we don't dilly dally. or fewer longer dives as I'll be in doubles and on nitrox.

I'm probably heading down to cave country this weekend.

I'll be with a checkout dive from my LDS this weekend, but I'd still like to get over for some mapping. Making near surveyor-quality maps of a site is something I haven't played with much.

I can do a dive or two saturday. I will try to get there about 8 am.

does anyone have any good remedies for an ear ache, or something i can buy over the counter, my ear has been killing me, but i cant get a doctors appointment this week.

Hi all.

I am very much interested in your project.

Based on our experience (we recently mapped the Underwater Park of Avalon - Catalina Island), this is not going to be easy nor cheap.

If you can obtain good resolution data (50cm) I will be more than glad to add the WBP to our growing list of dive site that could be dived virtually ... from anyone on the planet.
Here -> http://www.divenav.com/vDive/video.html more info on what we are developing.

Please let me know how I can help.

Best Regards,

I_AM

I think we're more interested in decently accurate dive navigation maps (from which bearings and distances can be read or computed) than actual bathymetry. It's a lot cheaper to use floats to mark sites and then just trig out the numbers. :D

ClayJar:
I think we're more interested in decently accurate dive navigation maps (from which bearings and distances can be read or computed) than actual bathymetry. It's a lot cheaper to use floats to mark sites and then just trig out the numbers. :D

ClayJar,
if you have the bathymetry dataset then you can easily generate any map - including accurate dive maps.
In fact, to demonstrate our technology, we did generate a very nice looking 3D map of the UW Park (http://www.divenav.com/cart/). More than 700 people have already obtained this 3D map (it is free for Instructors residing in California).

Best Regards,

I_AM
:dork2:

well it looks really cool, but i dont West bank Park or us doing that, i havent dove with m,any Loonies yet, but just hte Lake it self is nasty and this is just so we can decide what we want to dive and know where it is relative to a shore position, becuase hunting for something is bad, lol, but i dunno thats my personal opinon, so other Looniesw may have a differnt point of view and im open for anything as long as it aint gunna cost a fortune

I'm just doing it to have a reason for diving. If something actually useful comes out of it thats bonus :)

Piro, I had a bad earache when I came back from Bonaire. I had it the last two days there actually. I just laid on my side and poured hydrogen peroxide solution into my ear and left it there for a few minutes then swabbed out my ear. did that a couple of times a day for 2 days and was fine.

8 am Ed? whew!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom