Westpunt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks!

Andreas, thank you for an awesome dive. You were an excellent guide, not too slow, not too fast....but just right for a couple of photographers. And yes, Watamula is spectacular! Alice in Wonderland is stellar as well.

Sunshine, lovely dinner and atmosphere....glad we came, and it was a pleasure to meet you. Yes, we're whitewater kayakers too, not as avid as our diving, but we do enjoy it as well. I like the avatar because it is a picture of me, but you really can't identify me from it.....keeps adequate anonymity for the 'net.

Bryan, thank you for the invite and making the Watamula dive happen for us on such short notice. It was the highlight dive of the trip, followed closely by Alice in Wonderland. Figures the coral would get itchy the next night!

Dive safe!

Lori

sooo lori was I right.... west end tops or what?

Yup, it was definitely worth the drive, even with the mutilple road hazard goats! :wink:

When we drive in Mexico, I'm constantly telling my BF, "TOPE"! Well, in Curacao, it was "GOAT!"

Hi guys,
We'll be in Curacao for the first time this November. We are staying at the Royal Seaquarium. Do the dive shops around there go to the west end? Also, which dive shop at that side would you recommend for 2 advanced divers? My dear husband is coming off a stress fracture in his ankle this summer, so we'd prefer boat to shore diving for obvious reasons.Thanks!

Ocean Encounters is your closest dive op, next door at Lion's Dive. They do go to Mushroom Forest one day. Even if you are not shore diving, I'd recommend going to see Mark and Suzy at the Dive Bus just for general information. They are next to Breezes and the Sea Terrace. I'd also recommend renting a car to tour the West end of the island and then grab a dive to Watamula or another site with Ocean Encounters WEST.

Yup, it was definitely worth the drive, even with the mutilple road hazard goats! :wink:

When we drive in Mexico, I'm constantly telling my BF, "TOPE"! Well, in Curacao, it was "GOAT!"

Yeah, but if you hit a tope at speed you have vehicle damage only. With a goat you get vehicle damage and dinner. That's the REAL reason to rent a pickup on Curacao...a way to haul your dead goat back home.

Yeah, but if you hit a tope at speed you have vehicle damage only. With a goat you get vehicle damage and dinner. That's the REAL reason to rent a pickup on Curacao...a way to haul your dead goat back home.

:rofl3: One day we were booking it from Habitat to Westpunt for an afternoon dive to Watamula. After racing over some hills I yell "GOATS" to my husband. He slows to a stop, it was like the sea parting, all but one goat moves to both sides of the road. This one goat turns around, faces us, and walks straight towards us like he owned that road. I knew that burger at Habitat tasted suspicious. :wink:

Are Ocean Encounters and Ocean Encounters West the same company in 2 locations? Does one dive package work for either location? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom