• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Wet breathing

Discussion in 'Deep 6 Outfitters' started by Divingblueberry, Oct 11, 2019.

1. NothingClever

NothingClever Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Yep, torn mouthpiece. Could be the retention lip is somewhat sharp. I went through two mouthpieces before I figured out what was happening. Sanded the retention lip smooth with some 600 grit sandpaper and problem solved.

2. Divingblueberry

Divingblueberry Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Well, I did the suction test as @lexvil suggested and I was breathing almost normally so there was a rather big problem there. So I took a diaphragm off and replaced it with one from the 2 kits I got when I purchased the single tank kit. Screwed the cap back carefully and it passes the suction test. Oddly, the one I took off didn't seem torn or show any sign of damage.

Going to try it tomorrow and we'll see.

Thanks for the replies to you all. Greatly appreciated ! :)

chillyinCanada and Dizzi Lizzi like this.
  3. Diver below 83

Diver below 83 Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    it could just be the first one wasn’t laying right. I had a slight leak air wise when doing the suction test. I readjusted the diaphragm and problem was solved. The 2nd never leaked or breathed wet then

Divingblueberry and lexvil like this.
  4. Divingblueberry

Divingblueberry Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Well, I tried few times to reposition the first one and it didn't really worked. The main goal of trying the second diaphragm was to see if, indeed, the problem came from there. And it did.

I went down to 100' under the second thermocline (40F) with the fixed second stage yesterday and it worked flawlessly.

I am very happy I posted here because I was ready to ship it back tro D6 :)

cerich and lexvil like this.
  5. Dan

Dan Orca

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    That was my problem under a fast current. The regulator was actually twisted 90 degrees when I turned my face against the current. Tightening the zip tie fixed it.