Wetherill conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guggie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking of diving Wetherill this weekend after previous plans for the tropical rescue dive on 8/27 got canceled due to TS Irene. Has anyone dove here recently and can they report on conditions? Any chance tropicals are still around?

I have not, but would be interested in diving there if you decide to go and need a buddy... might be able to convince my wife to come as well, although she is a brand new diver with only warm water experience... I would help her out though... just so you know: I have been a PADI instructor since 1993... so she would be fine with me...

The tropical fish rescue was rescheduled to Oct 8th I think it was. I was in Newport last weekend. The vis was OK and there were a few spotfins around.

I haven't got any recent reports. The last one was a few weeks ago and it wasn't good. Just a few feet. However last Sat I read a report of 30'vis and tropicals at the house on the rocks just north of the Fort so it's worth a chance. The dive was done 1.5 hours before low slack. I've been thinkink of going to FW this Sat myself. I've also heard reports of some A-hole walking around the parking lot bustin'balls about dive flags and offering to sell you one. He should be told to go F himself.

What.....Some guy selling dive flags? Is it just the flag or or line and handle too? Does he have a compressor in the back of his beat up Impala too!

Seriously? I've been down a few times this month and haven't run into him yet. I'm sure more than a few people told him what he could do with those flags.

Sunday the 25th, off of Fort Point (Bull Point), at twenty feet, we had 15-20 feet of vis, and at a 120 feet (East Passage) we had about 7 foot vis.

Sunday the 25th, off of Fort Point (Bull Point), at twenty feet, we had 15-20 feet of vis, and at a 120 feet (East Passage) we had about 7 foot vis.

That jives with the report I posted...30' vis at the Dumplings that was the same weeend. I'l be there Sat AM.

A.D. Do you see alot of Bass and Bluefish there?

Not until I get in the water.:D It's RI of course there's bass and bluefish!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom