Whalesharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The origin of the word wanker is, I believe, unknown. I just decided Sri Wankans sounded good as they kill whale sharks on a commercial scale!

Unless of course you were being ironic!

Jim

Just being silly, but if they continue to harvest whales sharks then there should be a world wide effort to make the dead wankers (or what ever).

Indeed, and I assume that you mean "make THEM dead wankers"?

Either way, something needs to be done. There'll be no more whale sharks soon if this sort of behaviour carries on...

Jim

Yes I did mean "them", there should be a spell checker in the board...

Video cameras and CNN (or ITN or whatever)is the way. The traffic from the news crews and tourists will create a new income stream that will far out weigh the profits from fishing. Problem is getting it to the fishermen instead of the hotel clerks and street walkers.

If the fishermen can find them to catch them then there should be a way that they could take divers to them and make the same. And if they could take divers there day after day then the gross up would be much more don't you think.

You're a travel agent, this should be something you can set up... Adventure travel / diving to wanker land.

"The Whale Sharks of Wankerland"

Has a nice ring to it...

But you know what these people are like. You try telling a fisherman that to kill that there whale shark is a bad thing as the tourist industry would bring in more cash. He would argue, "Well I'm not in the tourist industry, and I have a wife and 37 children to feed"

And anyway, chances are you would get blown up by the Tamil Tossers!!!! (See, this island has lots of masturbatory connotations!)

Jim

to have lunch now.

I'll be back later!

Here's a silvertip shark taken on the same trip as the whale shark.

These make great soup, so the Chinese say.

I'm having a non fish based meal....

Jim

Scuba Jim once bubbled...

And anyway, chances are you would get blown up by the Tamil Tossers!!!! (See, this island has lots of masturbatory connotations!)

Jim

That is what puts the adventure in adventure travel...

Yeah

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom