What a disappointment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B:
Sorry for the confusion Bob, different Bob. :wink:

someone speak English, please!

huh. try the nc site. we have a bobby, 2 bobs, a rob, a robert...we require guys to change their names to join.

BabyDuck:
huh. try the nc site. we have a bobby, 2 bobs, a rob, a robert...we require guys to change their names to join.
That's why I chose to start referring to myself as Grateful Diver ... only when I came to ScubaBoard there were already three of those here too ... :shakehead

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Soggy:
Smoking has very obvious and lasting repercussions relating to efficiency in off gassing, CO and CO2 retention, etc, etc....Diver's should not smoke.

Some guys are getting away without getting hurt but it might just catch up to them someday. A couple years back (when we had all the hurricanes?) I was diving in NC and after our last dive ended up taking a guy to the chamber. I went down with a group for a week and did a late afternoon dive with this guy. We got blown out 2 out of 4 days so we decided to go out and get in a fifth dive. Now not really knowing this guy all that well turns out he was a "chain smoker". Between dives. Anyway we dove a big wreck, not too deep, the Indra I think? Vis was about 30 fsw. The boat ride was rocking on the way out as we had to go around a squall to get to the wreck. But once we got there the seas were not that bad. Anyway we were both fairly new divers and we came up on the stern of the wreck (my bad, lost my sense of direction playing around on top of the wreck). We could only make it back part way before we had to ascend. I had no problem with doing a stop midwater (I knew there was a bit of current and expected us to drift a bit) but I could sense he just wanted out of there. I finally convinced him to stay close to me, calm down and we made a 3 minute stop. Good thing as I wonder how much more bent he would have been? On the surface he stated he did not like that dive (the vis I think) and he looked real beat. I offered to tow him back but he said he was good. It was a bit of a swim but nothing to freak about. In any event he started to complain about arm pain on the boat ride back and eventually called DAN. As is usually the case if you can't rule out something to muscle strain etc. you'll end up in the chamber. That was enough to convince me......

H2Andy:
someone speak English, please!

It's easy to get confused. They meant Bob, not Bob. But they also mentioned an opinion by Bob about some other Bobs. That's where the confusion started; the other Bobs. See?

Bob.

dsteding:
David, buddy, that hurts!:mooner:

dsteding,
The concept that piss poor communication & attorneys are intertwined was first introduced to me by an attorney at a retreat. I'm shocked how frequently contracts are executed with out being read by either party.

David K

WJL:
Don't provoke the attorneys. We're watching you.

I didn't intend on pissing all the attorneys off....sorry! The point I was trying to make is that piss poor communications leads to disagreements, frequently an attorney is involved in the settlement.

BabyDuck:
Sorry, too confusing - mind if we call you Bruce?

David K:
dsteding,
The concept that piss poor communication & attorneys are intertwined was first introduced to me by an attorney at a retreat. I'm shocked how frequently contracts are executed with out being read by either party.

David K

I figured it was in jest, hence the moonie (BTW, this is Doug-we dived together up in Sechelt).

Agreed, I see this all the time.

DIR-Atlanta:
Sorry, too confusing - mind if we call you Bruce?
plus with the greek accent we're all typing in, all of them are 'boob'. :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom