What are the accessories that you will always dive with, and why ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer a 26pcs Harbor Freight ratchet set :wink:

You plan to work on your gear under water? What exactly might you repair?

My list is below in approximate order. Type/depth of dive changes/shortens the list dramatically.

cutting tool
dSMB+spool
Nautilus Lifeline
flashlight (or 3)
2nd Cutting tool
slate/pencil
pony bottle
spare mask
noise maker
probe/stick
rescue strobe
rescue mirror
bottle of fresh water
backup computer
Hawaiian sling for lionfish
granola bars
plastic fork
banana
M4 carbine
condoms
3rd cutting tool
more condoms
backup thong
tube of rogain
adjustable wrench

If you have a hose that is leaking from one of yours or a buddy's first stages, you can turn the valve off, attempt to tighten, and turn it back on and see if that fixes your problem.

My list is below in approximate order. Type/depth of dive changes/shortens the list dramatically.

cutting tool
dSMB+spool
Nautilus Lifeline
flashlight (or 3)
2nd Cutting tool
slate/pencil
pony bottle
spare mask
noise maker
probe/stick
rescue strobe
rescue mirror
bottle of fresh water
backup computer
granola bars
plastic fork
banana
M4 carbine
condoms
3rd cutting tool
more condoms
backup thong
tube of rogain
adjustable wrench

Yes pls.

If you have a hose that is leaking from one of yours or a buddy's first stages, you can turn the valve off, attempt to tighten, and turn it back on and see if that fixes your problem.

I'd leave it alone, and maybe thumb the dive. Personal preferences.

Maybe we need a new thread "What would you attempt to fix without surfacing?" Might be a good discussion.

cutting tool
dSMB+spool
Nautilus Lifeline
flashlight (or 3)
2nd Cutting tool
slate/pencil
pony bottle
spare mask
noise maker
probe/stick
rescue strobe
rescue mirror
bottle of fresh water
backup computer
granola bars
plastic fork
banana
M4 carbine
condoms
3rd cutting tool
more condoms
backup thong
tube of rogain
adjustable wrench

Really, I get feedback on the banana and M4, but nobody cares about the spare thong?

Knife. I only use it to hold my primary hose at my waist. If I'm making a dive where I may surface away from my anchor (extremely rare) I may bring a spool and smb. Most of the time my pockets are empty. If I don't need it to complete the dive I don't take it.

Really, I get feedback on the banana and M4, but nobody cares about the spare thong?

Thong, shmong, does rogaine work better under water? That's what I'd like to know.

Tank-banger to get buddies attention when they are not looking in my direction, and slate for communication more complex than hand signals.
Compass and dive computer are standard safety equipment for me, but others might consider this optional.

I dive with my knife most times, but not always (if I know the site so well that I know no entanglement possibility). I have several other items that I often (or sometimes) use (like my poke spear, Dive Alert). The only thing that always is with me is my shell collecting net bag (well except the very rare times I dive fresh water).

Back
Top Bottom