What BP and W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KZ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi what bp and w do you suggest for someone who dive in Monterey. I would like it to have ditchable weight pockets and d rings if possible. I dive with steel tanks and 22 pounds of weight. It would also be great if it came in a package and if it was assembled. If it is not please suggest a tutorial for assembly. One more question, do I need a single tank adapter for single tank diving?

There are plenty of DIR (GUE/UTD) divers/instructors in the area. I strongly suggest to reach to one of them. The will set you in the right direction.

No need for STA for diving singles. DSS (Deep Sea Supply) has good following in your area. I have great experience with HOG gear. Depends on your budget I guess. DSS you get whole system for around $400-500 and Tobin is awesome in giving advice. HOG is around $300.

I suggest you go with hogarthian harness (single piece of webbing) and 2" crotch strap. You will have to assemble it yourself or with a mentor/instructor to fit your needs.

Go with stainless steel backplate to reduce some weight and use weight belt for the rest or put some weight on the backplate.

Last edited:
KZ:
Hi what bp and w do you suggest for someone who dive in Monterey. I would like it to have ditchable weight pockets and d rings if possible.

Carrying 100% of your ballast attached to your rig, vs carrying some of your ballast on your person (weight belt) will often increase the size of the wing required.

KZ:
I dive with steel tanks and 22 pounds of weight.

Consider a heavy back plate or a plate with added ballast. For example a DSS stainless plate with the optional weight plates can provide ~14 lbs of ballast. Without your current inherently buoyant BC you probably only need another 4-6 lbs in a belt.

Most divers easily tolerate a 4-6 lbs belt, and belts are inexpensive compared to pockets.

KZ:
It would also be great if it came in a package and if it was assembled.

One package, no problem. Assembled? Knowing how your gear goes together is a good thing.

KZ:
If it is not please suggest a tutorial for assembly.

Here you go: https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?page=instructions

KZ:
One more question, do I need a single tank adapter for single tank diving?

Some systems require a STA and some such as DSS do not.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Tobin

Thanks every one. I would like to eventually take a GUE or UTD class when I am old enough and have enough time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom