What browser do YOU use (mostly) and why?

What browser

• Fire Fox

Votes: 58 65.9%
  • Interner Explorer

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Safari

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • other

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Mozilla Firefox because it takes me back to my very first browser... Mozilla. I like the fact that it saves the state of my session when that ugly blue screen so typical of Windoze rears its ugly head. You'd think at least Microsoft's IE would do the same.

The beta reports show that it will in IE 8 :) good news for us who are forced to use it at work by a legal department that doesn't understand open source.

Firefox. Only exception is when I need to download office components, as that service is limited to IE.

Firefox simply is the best browser out there - fast, reliable, and customizable.

Bryan

I use Firefox unless IE is the only one that works on some site. (And I hate when that happens.) Safari on occasion. For some reason Opera has never grown on me.

At work -- Firefox, very very rarely IE.

At home:
- Konqueror
- Galeon
- Iceweasel
- Firefox
in about that order...

The following goes for both when I'm in Winblows or ubuntu

Mostly I use Opera - reasons:
1. it's not IE explorer
2. Tabbed browsing -- Opera was the first of those browsers to use tabbed browsing (it's been a feature since at least vs 5 or 6 when I started using it back in 99 - maybe even was before I started using it).
3. Mouse gestures (also been a feature since I started using it)
4. It's fast & secure with regular updates
5. I've just become comfortable with it after using it for so many years.

Occasionally I use firefox, mostly for the addons or when there's a page that opera isn't opening correctly (although opera does use html standards like FF)

I only use IE for winblows updates & doing bank transfers (my stupid bank's site only works with IE - I've sent numerous emails to them to change it, but so far no luck)

@ Dr. Bill: since you're using FF and we work in "similar fields" I thought you might want to check out Zotero (if you haven't already). A friend & colleague recently turned me on to it and it's pretty cool. Zotero website

Safari then firefox, although camino is extremely fast too.

Had a discussion with a freind lately,on what internet browser to use.

So I put the question to all of you,Witch one.:confused:

I use:

telnet www.hostname.com 80

as God intended. :D

Terry

The Poll results are interesting. Since I can tell you that statistically our users use:

1 Internet Explorer 61.70%
2 Firefox 29.89%
3 Safari 6.86%
4 Opera 0.93%

Oh... i use IE - because I have since it came out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom