What Color Is Your Stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was that one of the ones with the C2O cartridge that you use to get to the surface fast in emergencies? No, probably not since it has an inflator hose.

Yes, that orange SSJ had the ability to attach a CO2 cartridge, as did my taco pocket model after that. And my "new" 1993 SSJ Black Classic has this ability, too.

rx7diver

Yes, that orange SSJ had the ability to attach a CO2 cartridge, as did my taco pocket model after that. And my "new" 1993 SSJ Black Classic has this ability, too.

rx7diver
Thanks for correcting me, CO2, not C2O. The bcs my father and I bought in the early ’80s had them, but, while one was a nice baby blue and the other a nice yellow, they weren’t quite as colorful as the one posted above.

I remember the orange Fenzy [horse collar] had a small air cylinder, only used on dives >18m

Purple! See my avatar - DUI purple flames overlay. I have white fins, but purple is my accent color. I use purple paracord for the rigging on my SM tanks and CCR BO bottles. I use purple bungee for various things. The HUD mount on my rebreather is purple.

I could have gotten purple colored scrubber canisters, but I’m cheap about certain things. No way was I going to pay $400ish for that!

Thanks for correcting me, CO2, not C2O. The bcs my father and I bought in the early ’80s had them, but, while one was a nice baby blue and the other a nice yellow, they weren’t quite as colorful as the one posted above.
@RIHappyDiver,

The SSJ used to ship with that plastic, pull-string thingy already screwed into the SSJ. (Maybe you had to order the SSJ that way for it to arrive that way. My Black Classic has a low pressure port plug screwed into the place where the plastic thingy would be attached.)

The CO2 cartridge screwed into the thingy. Pull the string on the thingy, and a sharp end would pivot up to pierce the end of the CO2 cartridge to release the pressurized CO2 which would flow through the thingy into the SSJ.

Almost all of the (orange) SSJ's we used for my univ open water class (in 1986) had the plastic thingy in place. I think those SSJ's were the model that immediately preceded the one @Pressurehead shows.

rx7diver

Was that one of the ones with the C2O cartridge that you use to get to the surface fast in emergencies?

The CO2 cartridge was supposed to be used on the surface for immediate inflation not to get you to the surface fast. I think that BC's had the CO2 cartridge until the late 80's IIRC and then disappeared.

Yellow fins. Nitrox green harness webbing (from piranha) makes it really easy to find my gear on a boat.

I got white fins cause that’s what the LDS had in my size. So far, I’ve been the only one with white fins on every boat I’ve been on. Makes it easy for the wife to pick me out and I can’t confuse my gear with others. Also, I make sure to capture a few frames of my fins for a reference when editing pics/video later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom