What computer do you own...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sherwood Wisdom AI console with QD and a compass.

I am very happy with it. At first I had a bit of buyer's remorse, and wished I'd gone with a wrist-mount. But I got a retractor that allows me to clip it onto a D-ring on the right shoulder (I have an AIR2 so don't have an octo there). Whenever I need it, it is right there, and it is easy to find, easy to pull out, easy to read, and easy to hear when it beeps! Plus, it doesn't dangle in the sand. If I had it to do over, I'd get it again.

I got a killer deal on Ebay for about $450 new. Yes, it had a warranty.

Aladin Nitrox wrist mount.
I do on average about 700 dives per year and i wouldn't use anything else. What did i pay? I'm industry so you don't want to know...
I used to use a Suunto Solution Nitrox, great computer but battery runs out too quickly in my opinion.
My ALadin has about 1000 dives and still has 75% battery power, Nice!

bought a UWATEC AIR Z wrist mount console about 4 1/2 years ago and a SUUNTO STINGER watch/comp about 3 1/2. i love the displays on both and both are easy to operate. i won't dive without them. i got a good deal on them whyle stationed in okinawa japan so if there are any service members on the board stationed over there buy your gear there IT IS ALOT CHEAPER.

MY01SHADOW:
Does the Helix automatically activate when you enter the water like a bottom timer/computer?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes - & stops automatically within 5 minutes of exit. Also, has two different dive modes, depending on if you are doing multiple dives & want to record SI times ('will recall dive data much like a dive computer). If you go to the Timex website, look for the PDF manual - a lot of "tongue-in-cheek" detail of its operation. It's amazingly easy to operate.

MN Lakeman:
Yes - & stops automatically within 5 minutes of exit. Also, has two different dive modes, depending on if you are doing multiple dives & want to record SI times ('will recall dive data much like a dive computer). If you go to the Timex website, look for the PDF manual - a lot of "tongue-in-cheek" detail of its operation. It's amazingly easy to operate.

Hey Thanks for the quick response! Just ordered one and got a great deal from Campmor.com $39.99 + USPS.

Mike

I have a Scuba Pro DC-11 wrist mount. I bought it in 1993 (I think) and it's still going strong. I don't remember what I paid for it. I am not familiar with many of the other computers out there now, so mine may be fairly outdated.

DivesWithTurtle:
I wear a DEC PDP-11 on my wrist.
:rofl: You’re so much further advanced and it’s so much smaller than my PDP-8.

I have an old Cochran Nemesis IIa Nitrox that eats batteries, but is great for detailed recording of dive data for download, and an Orca Pilot backup and for just fast fun dives.

Bill51:
:rofl: You’re so much further advanced and it’s so much smaller than my PDP-8.

I keep an IBM AS400 in my pocket as a backup, but find it much more conservative than the DECs.

Back
Top Bottom