What computer do you own...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two VR-3's and an HS Explorer. They are excellent computers. All have the independent PPO2 sensor link. They make bubble-less diving a lot more convenient. They also add wonderfully to the redundant safety quotient!! :wink:

Cheers!

Uwatec Air X Nitrox.
Bought it in the Netherlands (Lucas Diving) when I was living in Germany and paid 1200 DM. which was roughly $US 900.
Very happy with it but I don't think I'd buy it again because Scubapro/Uwatec wouldn't change the battery on it but rather let me pay and upgrade it. The computer itself is great but I don't want to support a company that doesn't support their products.

Suunto Vytec w/transmitter - wrist. Back up is Uwatec Air Nitrox. Bought both at my LDS and I am really happy with both of them.
Maria

Aeris atmos ai, console quick disconnect. bought from LDS for about $800 last Christmas. Last computer was a US Divers Matrix- lasted 3 years. Before that US Divers monitor I that lasted for 10 years. I have been very happy with the Aeris and just bought the download cable for it. Looking forward to getting it all on the computer.

Wife and I use the Oceanic VT Pro and use the Oceanic Data Trans Plus as a backup.

The Oceanic VT Pro computers are a nightmare to change the battery. For that reason alone I would not recommend the VT Pro.

I use the DiveRite He. I used to use the Aeris-atmos2 Worked great for what i was doing. Just out trained it.

Both wrist mount, well the He i have on the inside of forearm, less chance of smacking it around. :wink:

Bought the He from CE ( real-good price )

DiveSafe
Dan

Primary - Oceanic Versa Pro (wrist mount)
Love it! Big numbers. Liberal algoritm, but can set custom alerts to make it conservative (also use the computer between my ears - never got into the yellow in 25 dives in 5.5 days on the Palau Agressor). I wear it on the inside of my wrist, so I can see it while holding the camera. Between dives, I strap it to my BC inflator hose, so even if I have a "senior moment" the computer goes down with me. I use the download software to keep an electronic log - SW is not great, but its OK. Bought it at www.leisurepro.com for $279.95.

Backup - Genesis React (console mount)
Was my first computer. OK for air, has Nitrox support (but no bar graph for O2). Computer module was $194.95 at leisurepro.

jakubson:
Primary - Oceanic Versa Pro (wrist mount)
Love it! Big numbers. Liberal algoritm, but can set custom alerts to make it conservative (also use the computer between my ears - never got into the yellow in 25 dives in 5.5 days on the Palau Agressor). I wear it on the inside of my wrist, so I can see it while holding the camera. Between dives, I strap it to my BC inflator hose, so even if I have a "senior moment" the computer goes down with me. I use the download software to keep an electronic log - SW is not great, but its OK. Bought it at www.leisurepro.com for $279.95.

Backup - Genesis React (console mount)
Was my first computer. OK for air, has Nitrox support (but no bar graph for O2). Computer module was $194.95 at leisurepro.

I too own the Versa Pro (3 years) & love it. I think having graphics along with the 3 variations of a preferred screen combo make this a competant dive companion. I like your reference to using the one "between the ears" - so many divers just don't study the manual & utilize all the features to the max (like setting alarms to YOUR preference or conservatism). I put the PDF manual on my office computer desktop to open up every now & then to stay well versed on its operation. I haven't quite gotten the dough out yet to get a back up, but I did recently purchase a Timex Helix diver watch (tip from another thread :eyebrow: ) & this automatically reads dive time, depth, max depth & temp. - all for $40 (basically a slick bottom timer).

MN Lakeman:
I too own the Versa Pro (3 years) & love it. I think having graphics along with the 3 variations of a preferred screen combo make this a competant dive companion. I like your reference to using the one "between the ears" - so many divers just don't study the manual & utilize all the features to the max (like setting alarms to YOUR preference or conservatism). I put the PDF manual on my office computer desktop to open up every now & then to stay well versed on its operation. I haven't quite gotten the dough out yet to get a back up, but I did recently purchase a Timex Helix diver watch (tip from another thread :eyebrow: ) & this automatically reads dive time, depth, max depth & temp. - all for $40 (basically a slick bottom timer).

Does the Helix automatically activate when you enter the water like a bottom timer/computer?

Thanks,
Mike

cybordolphin:
What computer do you own?
Are you happy with it?
Is it console or wrist mount?
Where did you buy from, and what did you pay?

:)

Just bought a Sherwood Wisdom, but havent been diving with it yet. The menus are really easy to use. Its console style, got it at my LDS (who offered me an amazing discount due to my being a student with them in the past and in the spring), and they set it up with a reg/bcd package, but the price would have been around $610 or so. Nice and compact, it comes with a compass, and i may add a disconnect later on, but not using one right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom