What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first Aqualung jacket style BC.
A beanie that snaps under my chin (Henderson, I think)
Scubapro jet fins - too heavy for me and make me unmanageably "head up"
Shortie wetsuit
Pelican case that is carry-on size. It's a great case but it doesn't hold enough or I haven't figured out how to pack things well enough.
Zuma BC. It's a good BC but my Zena would have easily doubled for cold and warm water diving and packs ALMOST as easily.
Henderson 8/7. I hate wearing it. I hate putting it on the most. Too much work. I should have just added to my 5mm (which I eventually did)
JVC Picsio FM1B camera and Ikelite housing. The button to push to take a picture is on the back and it makes the camera shake - sucks for pictures but good for video. Also, the buttons on the back aren't labeled so you HAVE to memorize what's where. I now have the Sealife DC1400 and it's all labeled and easy to use.

Now that was a very long read...

I regret accepting an upgrade to a Scubapro Novascotia semi dry when Scubapro lost my Everflex that I sent in when the thread was coming loose during my initial pool dives. The everflex was great. I can't get my head through the head hole in the semi dry. Probably needed the next size up for it. It looks good in the closet with the tags though.

A finger spool with a cheap clip that didn't stay attached to my bcd. Anyone find a spool off Catalina circa March 2010? Your welcome.

I have Atomic split fins but haven't had a chance to use them enough to decide if I hate them yet. I think I like them but haven't compared them with anything else. I'm not too bummed about my snorkel yet either as I do snorkeling with the family so I would need one anyways.

I need to add the Bullet skin for the Fusion to my list.

Really??? I have a fusion bullet and LOVE it! It is kind of a PITA to get into the bag system but I find I have LOTS of mobility.

My bad list is short:
- a snorkel (ok I actually have a pocket snorkel just in case but at least the bloody thing doesn't dangle now)
- Aqua Lung Caravelle fins. Biggest POS's ever!!!!!! I think I did all of 20 dives before they literally snapped in half during a dive. I have slingshots now that are amazing
- My slate, I actually love it but it's so freaking huge and bulky. I want a smaller wrist slate or something
- My rattle, it can never be heard outside of a swimming pool and just gets in the way
- My DAN Tag! Too bulky to be honest. I'm thinking about getting a piece of fabric embroidered with that info and integrating it onto my BCD somehow.
- UK C4 dive light. I bought the smaller of the UK lights but the thing is just massive in retrospect and it's not that bright. My UK Q eLED is way better and brighter and actually is my primary now. Going to get a SOLA soon!!!

I thought accessories were really cool to have and to some degree they are but I actually don't like hanging that much junk off my BCD now. I'm more interested in streamlining and removing the clutter and making things as hands free as possible!

... my Bare XCS2 drysuit. It's back at Bare again ... for the second time in 8 months ... because all the seams are leaking.

I've had this suit for a little over a year. It's spent nearly as much time with Bare as with me since then ... and they don't have any kind of expediting service for dive pros who really need the suit. Each time it goes back it's gone for 5 to 6 weeks ...

I'll never own another Bare drysuit ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Fins, boots, snorkel, and mask at my lds for my ow class. Not only did I over pay for them, I replaced them with much better for less. I'm glad I didn't get the rest of my gear there.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

My Oceanic ProPlus2 computer. Nothing wrong with how it worked, I just realized I liked a wrist much better. I also wish I had purchased a backup and a brass/glass SPG go go along with the back up. I had to sit out a dive that I was really wanting to do because the computer went haywire on me due to no fault of the computer.

Hello, I'm a new poster as my father, the owner of ATOMOX Inc., passed away a number of years ago. I am in the process of going through all of his documentation and remaining hardware/products and finishing his remaining work before he passed. If anyone is still looking for repairs or replacements on ATOMOX products please contact me so I can help alleviate any problems encountered. Thank you!

My Oceanic ProPlus2 computer. Nothing wrong with how it worked, I just realized I liked a wrist much better. I also wish I had purchased a backup and a brass/glass SPG go go along with the back up. I had to sit out a dive that I was really wanting to do because the computer went haywire on me due to no fault of the computer.

I'll never use a SPG without a hose. They can have those AI computers. I can estimate how much time I have at the depth I'm diving with the air I have. I don't an algorithm to help me with that. A waste of money. Better to spend the money to buy a better regulator, IMO.

I bought an Ur drysuit custom made for me. At the time I bought it I was getting into tech diving but I moved and my plans changed. It's a brand new dry suit. It's only been worn once to check the fit before taking it home. It's never been in the water. I'm willing to sell it. PM me if you're interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom