What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ANY AND EVERY MASK BY MARES I had not bull%^&*&& I had "6" yes "6" and my dive buddy went through "4" cause he was smarter than me of the mares 6 lens huge profile see everything mask that is no longer avail. when I sent them back, they wanted $$$ to test and replace?!?!!? I was convinced this was a good mask,,,just a bad batch, then I went to several other styles, and they eather A) leaked like (INSERT METAPHOR) B) broke withint 2 dives

laytah

Shorty wetsuit (enough said)
Apollo Bio Fins (splits arent the way to go)
Ankle weights (useless, unless you are a DM or instructor and need to clip them on the tanks of underweighted students)
Tank banger (enough said)

There's an eBay merchant that sells nitrox bands. These cost about $5. I ordered.

That "six-inch" nitrox band turned out to be only 9 inches long. Not even 3 inches high. I sent him a message asking for the real thing, and the response was bad feedback to us.

Shorty wetsuit (enough said)
Apollo Bio Fins (splits arent the way to go)
Ankle weights (useless, unless you are a DM or instructor and need to clip them on the tanks of underweighted students)
Tank banger (enough said)

Why didn't you like the Bio fins? My 2 dive buddies have them, and absolutely adore them.

For the ankle weights, I think it's a personal thing. I use the 1 lb ankle weights, and it really helps with my overall buoyancy. Otherwise, my feet tend to always be higher then the rest of me!

Cressi dive computer for my wife. Lasted just over one year (only about 36 dives), just when the warranty ran out. Called Cressi. Told to call Leisure Pro. Told basically "too bad, so sad." The end of my purchasing anything on line ever again. Cressi is in Italy, Leisure Pro in New York. The don't know me and don't care.

Cressi dive computer for my wife. Lasted just over one year (only about 36 dives), just when the warranty ran out. Called Cressi. Told to call Leisure Pro. Told basically "too bad, so sad." The end of my purchasing anything on line ever again. Cressi is in Italy, Leisure Pro in New York. The don't know me and don't care.

Online purchasing wasn't your problem. Purchasing from someone other than an authorized dealer was the problem.

There are legitimate online authorized dealers out there that have excellent reputations for customer service. Try Scuba Gear and Scuba Diving Equipment - Discount dive gear (Cheap online!), for instance.

My regrets:

A Cressi Big Eyes mask with prescription lenses. It works fine, but the only reason I regret it is because right after I had it made, I got a HydroOptix mask and loved it way more.
It's been 5 years since I got that Cressi mask and I only used it about twice.

O'Neill 7mm thin soled boots. One walk across an urchin-filled shallow area and I made the switch to hard-soled boots.

I regret buying the 2 boat trips that I missed out on.

Wetsuit...in Puget Sound...Stupid...

Love that Drysuit, finally have a spot for my keys!

I'm regretting buying dive magazine subscription when i can't afford to go diving right now.

Cold water wetsuit. should have just gone right to a drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom