What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm happy with most of the purchased I made, but if I had to do it over....

I would not get a 3 guage console. I'd just get a small SPG, and wrist mount my compass.

I would not have purchased Doc Pro Plugs. I thought I may want them, but have never used them.

To reverse the tone, I would definately purchase the Aeris Atoms II puter in a wrist mount again.

From the standpoint of someone brand new to diving (currently taking my OW), Thanks.

These threads are very useful as I'm at the point now where I'm starting to buy a bit of gear (I have mask, snorkel (need it for the course) & fins only right now). Basically, I've decided to rent some gear for a while since I'm also debating doing my AOW shortly after. I'm in the Pacific North West so the wet vs. dry suit is a big decision.

:)

Bjorn

Pneumatic tank band. I'm a doofus gadgit head.

Those of you that regret your Air II (or equivalent inflator/octo) -- what did you do with it? Did you leave it attached to your BC and buy an additional second stage, or what?

Lots of stuff that I blew money on that I wish I hadn't:

BCD's

Zeagle Ranger
ScubaPro Knighthawk

Drysuits

USIA - really ill fitting
DUI CF200 - always seems to leak no matter how often it is fixed

Misc:

Big Knife for calf
Non HID Lights
Tank light
Retractor
wet gloves

Now I've got my gear the way I want it and other than a new drysuit to replace my DUI I'm pretty content.

DOLBERSEN -

Still not sure just exactly what I'll do with the AIR 2. I'm having it serviced next week and am still currently using it. I'd be interested in what others have done who switched to octo. I will be getting an octo next year.

I'm a new diver, certified open-water in May '05, and while I did my research and rented before dropping nearly $5,000 this past summer, the one and only purchase I regret is:

Paying nearly $300.00 for a Henderson Aqua Suede wetsuit for the few warm-water trips made yearly...A Bare velocity would have a much more wise purchase in retrospect.

Stupid padded neoprene mask strap...absolutely useless.

TSandM:
So what gear-buying decisions did other people make that they regretted later?

A Mares 3mm full - it's a good suit, but the arms and legs are too long for me, I don't really like the zippers on both of them and it's a PITA to don and doff. I'm much happier with my 1mm Pinnacle Shadow

Back
Top Bottom