What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

- I regret buying a Scubapro Accent jacket BCD, Oceanic Probe LX BCD, and a Scubapro Knighthawk BCD before buying a Halcyon Eclipse BP/W. I should have bought the Halcyon Eclipse BP/W and just have been done with it. I was in the quest to make a jacket and back inflate BCD into a “tec” BCD but it never really worked that well.
- I regret buying a stock sized drysuit that I thought would fit me well. I should have gotten a signature series TLS350. For what I paid to “customize” it, it would come out to the same as a signature series drysuit.
- I regret not getting into DIR sooner.

Bought a jacket bc. Oceanic Probe LX. (Not knocking Oceanic.) I wish I would've known of a BP/W before I spent 1500.00 stuff that I will not be using within a year. Everything I did buy will be replaced, but I decided to keep all of it so in case a friend or someone wants to get certified, I have something they can borrow.

Michael

a 5 pocket weight belt that always slipped on me. I sold it on ebay and just use the belt provided on the boat. I do have a nice fitting soft belt but don't dive locally any more and don't want to lug it on planes.

split fins. (haven't used them since my naui scuba diver class.)
non-weighted sta. (haven't used it since i got my weighted one - not even in cozumel.)
aluminum tanks. (still use them when my steel's are empty, though.)
non-rechargeable batteries for my lights. (ouch!!!)

Despite good advice from the Aquaflite people, I got the front zipper on the custom 3 mm wetsuit and 1.5 mm shortie. Being a bit stocky, I cannot get out of them by myself. I always have to have someone peel them off me. Someday I'll find myself trapped in one of them alone and will have to cut my way out. The 7 mm that I got with the back zipper works just fine.
Also regret getting the Aqualung Blades fins; really had trouble with those, very tiring, fronts of my feet hurt after a few minutes kicking. Luckily my local scuba shop traded them for the Atomic Aquatic splitfins, which I love.

any US Divers/Aqualung, or Dacor product - I am appalled that Aqualung bought Apeks - I have been diving so long I am skepticall of all things if they are "new" and/or come in a color other than black - I was the last on the block with a silicone mask and will NOT buy split fins

A He-man Doll.... lol

I used to have that He-Man action figure--dolls are for girls. I had all the He-Man stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom