What Dive Fins work best with BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buds

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All

I was wondering what dive fins work best with BP/W configuration??
I just purchsed some new BP/W equipment and it occured to me . I may just need to buy new fins too I use a LP Steel 85 and a Dry suit. I dont want the "High Feet Thing"
to occur.

Thanks again

Since you are new, you probably aren't trolling... :wink:

Jets or Turtles would work well.

Don't forget spring straps.

I understand Turtle fins come in 3 Types??
whats the diff between them? When would you use one over the other?

Perhaps you mean sizes?
No difference in design characteristics.

buds:
Hello All

I was wondering what dive fins work best with BP/W configuration??
I just purchsed some new BP/W equipment and it occured to me . I may just need to buy new fins too I use a LP Steel 85 and a Dry suit. I dont want the "High Feet Thing"
to occur.

Thanks again

Diverite makes a great fin with spring straps

i use jets, large, and i like them a lot

I changed from Tusa Imprex to Jets with spring heels last month, a dozen dives later and I don't know why I ever dived anything else.

XL Scubapro Jets w/ spring straps.

My Twin Jets are collecting dust in the trunk of my car. :D

I use Cressi Frogs with spring straps in open water; Jets in wrecks & caves. I haven't tried the Dive-Rite fin but it appears to be in the same "honest paddle" category as those two. I also have a pair of USD/Aqualung Blades I wear (brand support for the shop where I work) when instructing that have excellent finning characteristics.
Rick

Gotta love the Jetfins. I actually dive both, the Jets when wearing smaller boots and the Turtles with the drysuit with the big boots.

Several of us went out today and worked on fundies skills. I wore the Jets the first dive and the backwards kick was getting much better. Next dive I changed to the drysuit and wore the Turtles. Now, I don't know what was going on, but the backwards kicks were a lot harder to do......
I don't get it, they both look almost indentical except for the foot pocket. The Turtles don't seem any softer than the Jets.

Anybody else notice any difference in the two types of fins when doing backwards kicks?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom