What do you do in the winter months?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScott

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok - this question isn't for everybody I guess, but for the divers who are affected by seasons - more so winter - are you still actively diving? Are you waiting until the ice comes off your lake? If your waiting for a thaw, what are you doing to prepre yourself for the coming dive season? Books, new courses, working-out, gear shopping?

I'm planing for my AOW training this spring. I think I will try SDI AOW it seems more comprehensive. I am also shoping for me equipment again because the set I was going to pick up this weekend was sold by another salesman in the shop;-0

on the bright side the owner offerd a great deal on a Ranger, I'll have to play in the pool this weekend see if I like it:D

Well, lessee...
Teaching an OW class
Teaching a Nitrox class
Planning my next cave weekend
Heading to the springs 2-3 March
Cayman 10-17 March
Probably caving either last weekend in Feb or March
We start the Gulf in April
Life's just tough down here in the backwoods of LA.
Rick

Well, hopefully next winter I'll be diving under the ice!

I'm kind of pushing it aren't I? Here I am not even through my classroom training, gear has never seen water and I'm talking about ice diving next winter!
:drown:

Oh well, you gotta have goals, right!?

Let's see, this winter I'm assisting with an OW class; working on my instructor rating; getting gear ready for diving season and planning my wedding. All while working 6 nights a week!

Ber :bunny:

I bet you waste 8 hours a day just sleeping in bed too!:jester:

Far too much time on your fins!

Aquamore

Thanks to this board I'm down to 4 or 5 hours wasted on my pillow! I need to take my computer priviledges away!
Ber :bunny:

I switch to frozen water sports...I go Skiing.

Oh and day dream alot about the spring commming so I can scuba! hehehe

Swoooooooshingly,

Spydertek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom