What do you do in the winter months?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ice fish on the stiff stuff,
daydream about how many days until can dive again to find stuff dropped down ice fishing holes,
daydream about the great dives about last year,
daydream about the great dives to do next year,
AND
daydream about getting new gear for next year......

I'm reading the books for my AOW, to be done first thing in the spring. I play basketball 2-3 times a week, hit the gym 5x week, and try to spend as much time as possible learning on SCUBABOARD. Just put the last payment on my Outback BC, still kind of shopping for a new reg, and dreaming about the ice to float away so I can get to my favourite dive sites. Although Yooper has been teasing me about a dive one of these weekends.............

Waiting impatiently for the ice to melt.:eek:ut:

Still doing dives here in PA.
A couple weeks ago it wasn't snowing when I entered the water but it was when I came back up.

Kidding :). I do a little bit of diving -- not much. During the winter, I go through my gear and get rid of what I don't want anymore and buy new stuff. I spend a lot more time arguing (I mean talking :)) with all you fine folks here on SB :D.

Mike

PS. Scott, we're not diving this weekend, maybe next weekend. I'll let you know.

I this winter being my first of many winters as a diver was quite content in keeping my gear in working order through the yearly service and hung around the dive shop listing to plans about Roatan this spring and laughed at those that dove and were cold in 2 peice 7 mills

I am dedicted but not foolish

for the temperature to drop so we can do an ice dive!

Aquamore:eek:

for the ice maker to catch up... it's hot down here. Now if I only had NOT broken my toe!!!

Here in Michigan winter comes early and stays and stays and stays!

I have been doing a little pool work. I ran a 5k last Sat. I am training for a 25K run Mother's Day weekend (did a 9 miler this morning).

Most days I dream alot about my March trip to Tobago. I am also looking forward to watching some of the Olympics on TV.

Laine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom