What do you do with your keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This question has come up more than once. Of course, before those darn $111.00 chip keys you could just take it with you on the dive. Since then, I always put the key in a ziplock bag (in case it rains or to keep sand/dirt off the key) and hide it--ei. in bushes, buried in sand/dirt (make sure to --not too obviously--mark the spot, put a twig over it, etc). Also I make sure nobody sees me doing this....

Leaving the keys hidden on Bonaire, not smart. It happened to me, we always used to hide the keys on Curacao. On Bonaire someone found them and grew them away, just to be annoying. It was near Hilma Hooker, we came out of the water around 5:30 pm. Almost all of the other divers had gone, lucky for us there was a group of Americans, out of the water at the same time, they gave us a ride to town.
We take the electronic key with us in a plastic yellow container. My last car had a valley key, but on opening the door, it would set of the alarm. My wife has been using this container for over 10 years, so it works for me. It is not only put in a pocket, but also fastened to the BCD (like everything is secured, always...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom