What got you into diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tried it while on my honeymoon a few years ago in Cancun. Got back to the states and got certified. Been to a couple places and have several more to go. :) Wife thinks I have made it our main priority when selecting vacation spots - of course I have!! Grand Cayman here we come.

Curiousity. I was curious about scuba diving. Never snorkeled before. Went straight into PADI OW course without doing Discovery Scuba. Then I really liked what I saw underwater.

Mike Nelson and Jacques Cousteau made me want to be a diver. I trip to Hawaii and snorkeling at "Two Step" while watching divers beneath me made me realize that I had to get trained then, or I may never do it in this life.

I bought a Nikonos II camera from a friend to take photographs whilst biking around Scotland and it all escalated from there.

I was a motorbiker and my husband a diver. We both agreed to try each other's hobbies, but once I saw him drive the wrong way down a one way street in a car, I realized there was no way I was putting him on two wheels...

Jaques Cousteau, Mike Nelson and we had a pool when I was a kid. I had this really cool GI Joe with a battery operated submarine.....But mostly I always preferred swimming under the water rathern than on top of it.

Then to top it all off there is so much unusual life under water. It still boggles my mind and fascinates me.

I have always wanted to dive. After my family went snorkelling at Castaway Cay, on a Disney Cruise, my son said that was fun but not fun enough. I told him to price it out, when we got home. Turns out the price wasn't too bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom