What happened to Thanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It referenced a deleted post and made no sense on its own. It should have been deleted in the clean up but got overlooked, so I removed it.

:scorned:

:snicker: Now you went and did it! That post doesn't exist, either!!!!

So now my post is the one with the dead end reference. But if it gets deleted, then so should all of the comments it spawned. :shakehead:

So now not "making sense on its own" is a TOS violation?? If so, the WTF is that whole Broke and Boatless thread not deleted, as much of it made no sense to anyone who understands English.

So now my post is the one with the dead end reference. But if it gets deleted, then so should all of the comments it spawned. :shakehead:

So now not "making sense on its own" is a TOS violation?? If so, the WTF is that whole Broke and Boatless thread not deleted, as much of it made no sense to anyone who understands English.

Jeez, Hoaty, you pointed out it went nowhere, CD was halpful, and you're not happy? :hm: Maybe you need to get laid.

My point was that posts that do NOT violate the TOS are being deleted. And since this is now in Site Support, I think it is the correct forum to point this out. And deleting examples of this abuse of authority is more of a cover-up than being helpful. OR is it time for another Censorship on Scubaboard thread in W&C?

My point was that posts that do NOT violate the TOS are being deleted. And since this is now in Site Support, I think it is the correct forum to point this out. And deleting examples of this abuse of authority is more of a cover-up than being helpful. OR is it time for another Censorship on Scubaboard thread in W&C?

:shakehead: If it is the post I remember it to be - no guarantee of that, I've slept since then - then it really had nothing to do with the thread, but instead to the butt and rebutt y'all were having.

Surely you know I would be the first person to b***h formally about an unfair deletion? :)

There are some that just delete pages.
Still wondering why? :shakehead:

No "y'all" as far as I'm concerned. I came along about 3 hours after the cleanup. That's why I didn't recall reading your post, and tried to follow it back.

And if you can figure out which TOS you violated, then let me know so I can learn from your mistake.

And if you didn't violate any TOS, but don't mind if your post was deleted, then either you think this is fair, or for once you did not b---h about it!

No "y'all" as far as I'm concerned. I came along about 3 hours after the cleanup. That's why I didn't recall reading your post, and tried to follow it back.

And if you can figure out which TOS you violated, then let me know so I can learn from your mistake.

And if you didn't violate any TOS, but don't mind if your post was deleted, then either you think this is fair, or for once you did not b---h about it!

Hoaty, thinking logically: the posts that were butt and rebutt were deleted. The post of mine that referenced the argument, but was not against TOS, and did not add to the thanks discussion, was deleted.

It's fair enough. Had the post added anything to the thanks discussion . . . Well, you know me!!! :snicker:

Besides, I made a token protest! :scorned: . . . . :lol:

The post quoted a deleted post. As you kindly pointed out, following the link resulted in a dead end. While the post itself may not have been a violation of ToS, since it referenced a post that did, and was subsequently removed, it should have been removed as well to avoid the confusion you've pointed out. Now it has been.

Back
Top Bottom