What happened to Thanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taking liberties with the thanks button was a victimless transgression while it lasted. Who on this board has the signature that indicates that every day you smile is a very good day or something like that? :)

Attachments

• oie_oie_animation.gif
    oie_oie_animation.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 317
I'm pretty sure there's a Delete all Posts by User: option. :rofl3:
There is. If we select "Delete Post(s) as Spam", we can delete the entire posting history AND the user fairly quickly.

There is. If we select "Delete Post(s) as Spam", we can delete the entire posting history AND the user fairly quickly.

I've seen that in use many times between 2 and 5 am. It's amazing the amount of spammers that come in here in the wee hours of the night.

I have list people....errrrr I mean things I'd like to see explode.

:fear:

:sulkoff:​

I could be wrong,
You've posted this thought twice in this thread as elsewhere on ScubaBoard, but I can't recall you actually admitting to being wrong or apologizing for it. John has shown where I have admitted to making a mistake, apologized for it and yet somehow this is not enough for you. Perhaps if I send you the pound of flesh that you seem to seek it would be enough?
but I didn't think
While this is taken out of context, I think it sums up most of the problems in the world as well as on ScubaBoard: People just don't think of others. They cheat, they hurt (emotionally and physically), and they demean with little thought about the victims. This includes all anti-social behavior.

But, almost as bad... is simply just not admitting when you're wrong. It has been suggested that we only punish the guilty. Unfortunately, the guilty just don't see how they hurt others and cause division. They adopt an Alfred P Neumanesque "What, me worry?" attitude rather than admit and then deal with their meanness. Whether it's insensitivity or a desire to inflict pain for their own or mutual enjoyment, I can't tell. I do know that when you try to point it out to them, that they are most vehement in their own defense. To that end we collectively make decisions that will help the board. Has ANYONE noticed how largely drama free it has been lately? Perhaps wisdom is vetted by her children.

Probably the dumbest reason for being mean is calling it "brutal honesty". Most people who claim such merely focus on the brutal part with little real insight to honesty.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom