What happens if I need to do this underwater, silly ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Due to overwhelming demand the Powers that Be have decided to show you the warhammer...

war_hammer.sized.jpg

waaaaaw, a lot of usefull "know-how" here :) :)
95 replays and 3224 views - where is the Guinness ?

sucan:
waaaaaw, a lot of usefull "know-how" here :) :)
95 replays and 3224 views - where is the Guinness ?

i think the original MOFNMOF thread was up to something like 100,000 replies and 500,000 views...

slight exaggeration -- numbers are actually 66,758 and 325,358 (i was within a factor of 2 though...)

lamont:
i think the original MOFNMOF thread was up to something like 100,000 replies and 500,000 views...

slight exaggeration -- numbers are actually 66,758 and 325,358 (i was within a factor of 2 though...)

Memories....... memories.... :14:

El Orans:
Due to overwhelming demand the Powers that Be have decided to show you the warhammer...

war_hammer.sized.jpg

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Too bad that's all it is, an imitation. :mooner:

For the original Google deeprelief.jpg

pakman:
Larry, maybe you could tell the OP your own experience with "false alarms" underwater and why your dive buddy at the time (me) had to swim away as fast as possible... :eyebrow:

OK, mea culpa, mea culpa, it is true!

Pakman (who incidentally is a truly diabolical diver and a huge stroke:mooner: ) wrote up the incident from a Philippines dive trip as follows...

I thought I should share:sappy:

pakman:
Alright, a short trip incident report from the DOR III...

I forget which dive it was, but we were at the end of another fine dive in Puerto Galera when my dive buddy thepurplehammerhead thumbed the dive. As we neared our 5m safety stop, he was frantically unbuckling his BP/W. Odd ... I pulled out my DSMB and prepared to launch it when Larry starts frantically waving me off... Strange ... When I give him the shrugged shoulders sign, he continues to flail his arms in a gesture suggesting "go away!"... Finally he starts pointing to his arse and then points to my camera and gives me the international "NO" sign... then it finally dawned on me what Larry was up to...
OMG!!! NOT the infamous W**hammer Maneuver!! After flooding my mask from laughing so hard, I started to swim away as fast as I could trying to remember which way the current was going... And just as Larry was about to remove his BP/W we look down to see a group of 8 divers innocently swimming by into what could have been the talk of their dive trip... (mind you the viz was excellent on that dive and you could almost see the bottom) I've never seen someone with such an agonizing face underwater... Finally Larry made a dash for the surface and I continued to swim upcurrent as far away as possible...

I eventually surfaced to an unfortunately (or fortunately) anticlimatic ending... I was expecting a massive fish feeding frenzy only to learn that all Larry had was just a case of bad gas... pffff...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom