What happens if I need to do this underwater, silly ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wysmar:
My original post was also deleted... no big deal!

Actually it is a big deal. Where does censorship stop. My post had no vulgarity, no profanity or inappropriate pictures. It contained only a url to a website outside of ScubaBoard.com where a specific picture could be viewed. El Orans quoted a section of the TOS and in no way did my post violate the TOS. If I had posted the picture on ScubaBoard I would totally understand the deletion. But a url, where does it stop? Also I find it amusing how many views this thread has and how many people have asked me for the link to the picture. As was stated recently in another controversial thread..... if you don't want to read/look at something then DON'T but don't censor something that clearly DOES NOT violate the TOS. Yes, I know... this is just my $.02

OkieDiver:
Actually it is a big deal. Where does censorship stop. My post had no vulgarity, no profanity or inappropriate pictures. It contained only a url to a website outside of ScubaBoard.com where a specific picture could be viewed. El Orans quoted a section of the TOS and in no way did my post violate the TOS. If I had posted the picture on ScubaBoard I would totally understand the deletion. But a url, where does it stop? Also I find it amusing how many views this thread has and how many people have asked me for the link to the picture. As was stated recently in another controversial thread..... if you don't want to read/look at something then DON'T but don't censor something that clearly DOES NOT violate the TOS. Yes, I know... this is just my $.02
Hi OkieDiver,

I'll quote another section for you...

Should you feel that you are being unfairly targeted or judged by a Moderator or Advisor, please contact NetDoc directly at abuse@scubaboard.com. We expect all staff to act as fairly and equitably as possible.
Feel free to ask NetDoc's opinion regarding my actions.

The key distinction between an experienced diver and a new diver is this: Experienced divers, whether they have seen a picture of the Warhammer Maneuver or not, will advise against viewing it. New divers want to see it anyway.

hit advanced search. search on my username, with "warhammer" as a search term, and select view as "posts" instead of the default "threads". you should find instructions which will allow you to view the warhammer picture. there are multiple warnings along the way which you should heed...

EZHOOPS:
OK, just a very silly question but a good one I think.
I'm a new diver and what happens each of these 2 scenarios

40 ft and I have a sudden bowel attack and I need to go #2 immediately cannot wait to surface?

what do I do?

Mods; can we make this thread a stinky?:wink:

mobster75:
someone needs to get off the high horse and stop throwing their weight around.

or put their foot down with a heavy hand, perhaps?:wink:

thepurplehammerhead:
Mods; can we make this thread a stinky?:wink:

Larry, maybe you could tell the OP your own experience with "false alarms" underwater and why your dive buddy at the time (me) had to swim away as fast as possible... :eyebrow:

Such pasaways you are :wink:.

hugedodge2000:
I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to dive if you're not in good physical shape......pretty sure being sick is not in good shape!!!!!

The one time I had to vomit underwater, I felt fine up until I gave my buddy the international puke signal. I can only assume that lunch finally hit the right (or not so right) spot of the stomach and decided it needed to vacate the premises. I got a Vurp then signalled my buddy.

When I puke, I would rather be dead. That is how much I hate puking. However, I have to say that my training kicked in at that point. Through all of the puking, my only concern was a slow ascent to the surface. For only being down at 55 feet for about 15 minutes, safety stops were blown. The hardest part was reading my depth gauge between hurls with puke and fish all around me. Why did I have to have such a big lunch??

With all of that said, my buddy really came through for me. She linked up with me like an OOA-Share Air situation and held my regulator in. Even when I tried to remove it to rinse it, she held it in. She swam through puke for me. Yes, we are getting married next year. If she'll swim through puke for me, it has to be ture love.

As for #2, I'll leave you to your own methods for solving the problem.

DBailey:
With all of that said, my buddy really came through for me. She linked up with me like an OOA-Share Air situation and held my regulator in. Even when I tried to remove it to rinse it, she held it in. She swam through puke for me. Yes, we are getting married next year. If she'll swim through puke for me, it has to be ture love.
Now, aren't you glad you don't dive solo? :D

Back
Top Bottom