What happens if I need to do this underwater, silly ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OH this is one of the funniest threads ever! It's hard to type while wiping the tears away.

Having almost had this happen to me once, I make it an effort to do a pre-game before the dive every time now. I won't get into the details of my "near miss" but it wasn't pretty.

Why can't they make wetsuits with that little flap in the back, like they have on the old union suits?

1. During my 2nd dive, I felt the urge to puke (well, the gag reflex was already triggered) but fortunately nothing came out. It was probably caused by my rapid headfirst descent plus the fact that I had a slight congestion. Anyway, I'm digressing... What I did to shake off the feeling was to chant/shout the letter 'O' while the reg was in my mouth. To my surprise, it worked and it took my mind off the whole thing.

But there was a time when I actually sneezed underwater for reasons I can't even begin to comprehend. The sneeze was quite hard and unexpected that the regulator was forcefully expelled from my mouth. It wasn’t that big a deal though because I simply had to retrieve it and press the purge button. I just found it embarrassing because someone bore witness to that event. :11doh:

2. Thankfully this didn't happen and I hope it never will ... especially after seeing that pic. :11: Hehe, it would probably take eons for my dive buddies to start diving with me again.

CatalinaCanuck:
I guess all subjects will eventually be covered on Scubaboard:D
more than once, just in my short time here.

Good thought about the Imodum tho, don't recall reading it before.

scubamikey:
Thanks, Jason. As a new diver, I'm glad someone finally stopped just throwing out opinions and outlined the proper procedure. I'm going to practice with my buddy at the end of our dives so it becomes second nature.

BTW, does anyone know if this is DIR?

hehe, Yakking through your buddies secondary wouldn't be THAT big a deal on a normal rec diver. If my buddy fed the fish through my expensive primary on the long hose, I might be a little cheesed :wink: BTW, my buddy doesn't think this is funny, and after telling him about it, I may have to work very hard to convince him if I am ever really OOA... DOH!!!
Jason

I posted a link to a picture of the "Warhammer Manuever" but it seems to have been removed. Why? I thought if a post was removed the poster was notified. I know censorship is the norm here but it was only a link. :confused:

Hoh, something wrong with me. I want to see the picture, in case..
so, no link?

OkieDiver:
I posted a link to a picture of the "Warhammer Manuever" but it seems to have been removed. Why? I thought if a post was removed the poster was notified. I know censorship is the norm here but it was only a link. :confused:
Feel free to PM the link to whomever requests it but do not post it. Thank you.

I used to dive with a submarine officer who got repeatedly would get violently seasick even underwater. He always kept the reg in his mouth and just ralphed right through it. He barfed on the boat ride out to the dive site, barfed during the dive, and then barfed some more on the ride back in.
On land, he would crawl out of the inflatable and just lie there on the sand. But he liked diving so he just dealt with it. On his submarine, he would be in sick bay during the sea-and-anchor details at whatever port the boat was in. Once at depth, he was fine.
On the second topic, I could weigh in with some unreal stories but I won't. I never saw a fish come out of the water looking for a can so I never worried about anything I contributed to the marine environment. Besides, if you ever saw the cloud of stuff a whale expunges, you'd be volunteering to be lead gunner for the Japanese whaling fleet.

Back
Top Bottom