What is 84 - 42????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
easy answer = COLD!!!!! :D

84 degree waters a week ago, 42 degrees here. Brrrrrr. Well not entirely true I was warm as toast in the dry suit with the weazle extreme. Great 46' dive, the sun was out, the lake like glass, the air was a crisp 39 degrees, we had a good 25' of viz and I was diving.

Everything went well except my Vytec doesn't seem to like the cold vary much. It would not start reading any kind of depth until we hit around 15', the Vytec was reading 4' at 20' it was reading 10'. Because of the depth issues mine logged a 26' dive when it was actually 46'. I have never had an issue with this computer before but this it's first real cold dive. I am going to have to figure out what the problem is with it for sure.

Just wanted to share.

That's cold! Coldest I've been in is just 46F, and with a wetsuit, so I was freezing my butt off.
46' in a wet suit, way too cold for me.

Possibly the cold meaning the battery isnt performing as it should. Mine works happily in warm water but sulks in cold water even though it shows 3 bars still. Changing battery changed it.

Possibly the cold meaning the battery isnt performing as it should. Mine works happily in warm water but sulks in cold water even though it shows 3 bars still. Changing battery changed it.
I will give it a try, I have a new battery for it sitting right here. Thanks. I hope that is all it is the computer has perfromed flawlessly for every dive I have had it on.

Regards

We accidentally came across 58 degree water from 78 degrees because of a thermocline that killed our dive.

IMG_0009.JPG

I know what you mean Scott. This water was about 38 degrees and yes that is a wetsuit. I took the picture and was obviously farther in the water. Very cold.

IMG_0009.JPG

I know what you mean Scott. This water was about 38 degrees and yes that is a wetsuit. I took the picture and was obviously farther in the water. Very cold.

Canadians, eh? :shakehead:

IMG_0009.JPG

OK, that just makes me feel like a total wuss......lol. Wow you Canadians are freaking crazy of course a good share of my ancestors came from just over the border and a good majority of my best friends are Canadian so what does that say about me? :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom