What is DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jray

Reaction score
I see this acronym quite often on this board an I'm clueless about it's meaning. What does it stand for? I apologize in advance for for my cluelessness.:confused:

Try doing a search on it. This topic has been exhaustively discussed and debated on the board. Have fun:D

That acronym has been driving me nuts (wasn't a long drive). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Why would you write something like that?

Well, I just finished reading several responses to questions which were given by those that profess DIR. It sort of gets under my skin when people ask reasonable questions only to get the "if your not doing it this way your an idiot." Or assume just because you use a certain piece of equipment it's because you are either not planning your dive correctly or use it as a crutch. I do not have a beef with DIR, just some of the people use it to belittle others.

ColdH20diving once bubbled...

Well, I just finished reading several responses to questions which were given by those that profess DIR. It sort of gets under my skin when people ask reasonable questions only to get the "if your not doing it this way your an idiot." Or assume just because you use a certain piece of equipment it's because you are either not planning your dive correctly or use it as a crutch. I do not have a beef with DIR, just some of the people use it to belittle others.

Were those responses given on this board or some other board. The only flames i see in this thread are by the DIR haters. I have not seen pug or anyone else start flaming in this thread, so what gives? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom