What is DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

double125's once bubbled...
I think a big problem is rule number one that states you are not allowed to dive with strokes. Then it classifies a stroke as someone who does not adhear to dir philosaphy. Basically they alienate themselves from the rest of the world giving us the view that they are "holier than thou".

Rule #1 says to not dive with anyone who is not a safe diver.

Not trying to ruffle feathers hear guys, that is the way I interpreted the article. Here is what I was talking about:

The term 'stroke' refers to someone who, knowing there is a better system, chooses to dive in a less than optimal way. It applies to those instructors who encourage students (who know no better) to exercise Personal Preference, in order to sell more equipment; it applies to those who don't plan their dives; those who dive beyond their abilities; who dive deep on air; who take
unnecessary risks; who do big dives using unfamiliar gear; who's only reason for diving is depth.

This was found on a tech diving website, which one I can't remember. Basically it was an article written on how hogarthian turned into dir. It was written like it was an interview with one of the founders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom