What is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to see people are still judging people based on appearances... :no: Just because someone choose to make their ears look a certain way is no indication of that persons character. I have 00 gauge holes in my ears and I graduated college with honors and have a good paying job so I suggestion before you pass judgment based on appearance you get to know the person.

BTW, get whatever mileage you can out of "graduated with honors" because within a couple of years of graduating, nobody will care.

Nothing rewards recent success and current employment status, and ignores the past like business. By the time you've been out of school for 10 years, they won't care if you graduated with honors or were kicked out for non-payment of parking tickets.

flots.

That's just an awesome politically-correct statement, but as someone who has spent the last 35 years or so in business (including doing the hiring), I can tell you that with everything else being equal, when you and the guy with the haircut and the suit and tie and no visible physical mutilations apply for the same job, the deck is stacked against you.

You might not like it, but it's true.

Body modifications are by definition statements that say "I'm not like the rest of you." Which is a problem when the job market is tight, and getting paid what you want requires conformity not rebellion.

flots.

We've already had this discussion when someone asked about dreadlocks. Yes it CAN impact your job prospects. No it doesn't mean you can't get a good paying job doing what you enjoy.

The people who feel that way are slowly diminishing in numbers and the people who honestly take people for their value rather than their appearance are growing in numbers. It will always be an issue to some, but it's not as harsh as it used to be for the "different" people and getting easier all the time.

The fact that you get indignant when someone claims they have a good job and still have mods or a "different" look, combined with your "35 years or so in business (including doing the hiring)" just shows you're more inclined to be one of the former rather than later. No biggee, but recognize that things are changing and just because "it's always been that way" doesn't mean it always will.

Don't get upset when someone says "you're wrong" just let it slide. You don't need to prove why you're right, especially over the internet.

And I'll get off my soapbox now.

Not a trick question! I found it, just have NO idea what this is?
Appears to be plastic and about the size of a Quarter.

Yep, as previously state it's an ear gauge. The place where I dive at in our local lake seems to have tons of them on the bottom.

I think at one time this summer there might have been a 'gauge party' in one particular area as they were strewn all over the bottom. Seeing them makes me chuckle as I envision someone walking around with one in and the other earlobe drooping. :rofl3:

Although it may be a fishing lure as the local fisherman at my lake fish in the same spot as the 'gauge party' was at.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom