What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found the base unit of an ejector seat as used in a Hawk training jet off the coast of Anglesey in North Wales. Apparently, when the RAF are doing practice rescues, they chuck pilots out of the helicopters in the full rig they'd be wearing if they'd just parachuted out of the actual aircraft, minus the parachute itself, so they have the seat section of their ejector seat hanging behind them, and this contains their survival raft. This one was well knackered – obviously been through a few test drops! – but they were glad to have it back, and gave me and my buddy a tour of RAF Valley. Was kind of cool...

Mark

I've got a shot of my uncle and I on shore with it, but god knows where that is.

This was in the middle of my diving life – I was only 22 or 23, and hadn't started taking underwater piccies, so no underwater shots of it in situ, which is a shame.

Mark

105mm WWII howitzer shell here in Okinawa. Not wierd I guess, but not exactly something you find laying around every day...

An old oval mask with a white skirt off of one of the reefs off Key West a year or so back. After the trip, I was talking to a friend that worked on a snorkel boat who said it was probably from their gear they had a few like that...someone didn't like it and tossed it overboard.

It was pretty rusty and the rubber was worn out pretty bad...

Other than that a bunch of snorkel keepers and a blue lego off Dry Tortugas while snorkelling.

mini tower cpu off the coast of Fort Walton Beach, FL in 80 or so feet.

And i thought toilet fields were common in most divable quarries, i've seen them at 2.

Back
Top Bottom