What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2:
The forward torpedo loading hatch was open. as were conning tower, and we got into the forward room where I got a plastic name plate from below a guage. It reads "Treibolschalter" which I have yet to find out what it means. QUOTE]

It translates as "propeller switch".

We hold an underwater beach cleanup every year for earth day and every year we find "battery operated male phallic devises" among other mostly male replacement products... It's always a hoot to see the reactions from those who have never attended one of our cleanups!

Jewels so far I think that one wins the prize. I'm sure there was a story attached to each one.................probably more information than we need to know.

Happy Diving

JulieParkhurst:
We hold an underwater beach cleanup every year for earth day and every year we find "battery operated male phallic devises" among other mostly male replacement products... It's always a hoot to see the reactions from those who have never attended one of our cleanups!
Um ... yup ... that's where my earlier response came from ... :browsmile

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

still thinking about this question.

once found a new buddy at about 20mtrs/60ft once - my group of 5 going one way, his OW class group of about 10 going the opposite direction, he turned and joined and he was almost out of air too.

True Bob...........but she had MORE than one. Maybe the bigger question is what did you do with it? Or for that matter Jewel...........hummmm

Happy Diving

Scuba Brad:
Whoaaa but human remains.......I think my breathing would accelerate on that one.

I can help you get used to that type of diving. After a while your breathing won't even change. :D But then we might have to work on the warm water dry suit leak. :D :D

Gary D.

The Kraken:
I have found The Kraken at the bottom of a spring in Florida - does that count?

Saltwater finds: Bike, boombox, golf balls, boards, PVC pipe, silt fence, clothes, lacrosse ball, stairs, and blinds. It helps to have hurricanes come through your area :D.

My husband found one of the old-school glass Coca-Cola bottles that was all encrusted with barnacles on a dive once at about 75 feet in the gulf...we brought that thing home with us...gently boiled it, and added it to the rest of our collection of shells, etc. I'll have to post a pic of it sometime...it looks really cool...

Back
Top Bottom