What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nrh:
A while back, a woman on a boat in the Boca Raton Resort and Club Marina dropped an envelope with $1000 in cash into the water. The harbormaster radioed me at the pool to see if I could find it. There were 50 dollar bills floating around everywhere under that boat and I found every last one. I gave them all back too. The woman never even said, "thank you." I should have kept the money!

What a story! what a snob for not thanking you, I would have had to accidently knock her overboard or you should have done the old "one 50 for me, one 50 for you, two 50 for me, one 50 for you" while collecting it in the water. :)

Always descending,
c.h.

No kidding...that would have paid two months of rent for me and was probably what she was going to use to pay the guys to oil the teak decks on that boat or to get a massage or something. Who knows? I should have been stuffing bills in my bikini top! The boat was called the "Overdraft"... gorgeous boat... snotty people that didn't deserve it. If anybody ever sees them around feel free to give them a big nose in the air back atcha for me! One way or another it was the only dive I've ever seen a seahorse on, so I consider myself lucky for that reason. I kept visiting that seahorse every day for weeks afterwards.

How was diving in PV goggles?

Diving off of puerto morelos i saw a cross imbedded into the coral, it was attached to an urn. Guess it was his or her favorite dive site.

Scuba Brian:
Diving off of puerto morelos i saw a cross imbedded into the coral, it was attached to an urn. Guess it was his or her favorite dive site.

Yeah, I found one of those once. We had bee tossing it about like a football for about five minutes before we figured out what it was and then reverently placed it under a coral head.

:shakehead

Nemo. No kidding, I found a toy of Nemo off Laguna Beach!

Next would be a pager...like the Corona commercial where the guy hears it buzzing and skips it into the ocean.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom