What is the proper way to flush your wetsuit after you pee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stine:
To go along with this- Isn't there a chance of getting critters in your wetsuit while flushing through the neck seal? Or am I just a wee bit paranoid?

No, you're not paranoid. It has happened to me, flushed near a patch of eel grass that also had a lot of hydroids. Apparently sucked in some loose ones (larva, maybe) with the flush, and really rued it.:shakehead

I don't think it's the pee that makes the suits smell so bad, it's the microbes in the water. Think of it this way, you're diving where there's a zillion microscopic plants and animals. They may attach themselves to your wet suit alive, but as soon as you get out of the water and the suit starts drying, they die and start rotting. You wouldn't be able to smell just one, but there are billions, hence the smell. :skull:

Somebody mentioned going early in the dive if you have to, which is a good idea. The other thing is to keep yourself well-hydrated -- drink lots of water -- it keeps the urine more diluted and less likely to smell.

Hey Trucker Girl

I have some great pics of you at Blue Springs...I have two posted on my Scubaboard album...go to page 2. I can send you a CD of the others

Joe

cudachaser:
Hey Trucker Girl

I have some great pics of you at Blue Springs...I have two posted on my Scubaboard album...go to page 2. I can send you a CD of the others

Joe

I'd LOVE that- you can email me, too, if that's easier. Or if there's a way I can download them like photobucket- or a cd is fine- I'll pm you

The surest way to pee in your wetsuit is to be told you can't. Maybe you should go and dive with scuba shack in Maui for a couple of days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom