What is your beer of choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I haven't had time to come back to this thread for a few days so here's my question,

If all you Mainstream American beer haters were diving in the US somewhere warm, let's say FL or Socal in the summer and just got done with a day of diving and there was Tri Tips on the BBQ and an ice cold cooler full of free Bud, Coors, Miller, PBR, Oly, and Hamms, you're telling me you'd turn it down?

Oh yeah, and you DIDN'T bring your own, and there was no store nearby.

Those are not my first choices, but I'm not a hater. I would go for the Coors or Miller first. The wife gets headaches with Bud (the high rice content? Dunno.) And I might grab an Oly, since it's been 30 years. But I'm sucking down Tommyknocker Butt Head Bock tonight, since it is here and plentiful. Curious to hear from others.

Those are not my first choices, but I'm not a hater. I would go for the Coors or Miller first. The wife gets headaches with Bud (the high rice content? Dunno.) And I might grab an Oly, since it's been 30 years. But I'm sucking down Tommyknocker Butt Head Bock tonight, since it is here and plentiful. Curious to hear from others.

Those are not my first choices either most of the time, but sometimes they are. It depends on how I feel and what I want that day. If I'm in the mood for something light and on sale I go for mainstream.

My choices from the Mainstream list would be:
1) PBR
2) Coors
3) Oly
4) MGD
5) MHL
6) Bud
7) Hamms (haven't had it in years)
8) Lucky (haven't had it since high school)

My overall favorite right now would probably be Great White from North Coast Brewery in Eureka CA. tied with Longboard Island Lager from Kona Brewing Co. in HI.

If I want something dark I would go with 8 Ball Stout.

ZKY - Sierra Nevada is nearby to you. (Maybe not around the corner, but I'm a continent away, so it is close by comparison!) Been there yet? They do some nice stuff.

Yes, I'd happily drink water. Under such circumstances I have done so. Why take on such waste calories?

If all you Mainstream American beer haters were diving in the US somewhere warm, let's say FL or Socal in the summer and just got done with a day of diving and there was Tri Tips on the BBQ and an ice cold cooler full of free Bud, Coors, Miller, PBR, Oly, and Hamms, you're telling me you'd turn it down?

Oh yeah, and you DIDN'T bring your own, and there was no store nearby.

Of course I wouldn't turn it down. Bad beer is better than no beer. But I'd drink it only if it is free AND it is the only beer around AND I didn't bring my own AND there is no store nearby AND ...:D

ZKY - Sierra Nevada is nearby to you. (Maybe not around the corner, but I'm a continent away, so it is close by comparison!) Been there yet? They do some nice stuff.

Sierra Nevada is in Chico which is about 3.5 hour drive from me inland and north up in the northern end of the central valley. I think they have other satelite breweries around now to keep up with demand. SN is almost mainstream, I have seen it in almost every Costco and mini mart I've been in.

Just wondering, does a beer that makes it into Costco and 7-11 mean thats it's finally made mainstream?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom