What is your max depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the Tiger Woods thing- training was by PFI. In the Caymans they used Divetek's facilities, boat, etc. and maybe some staff support. According to published reports.

im 17 and have been able to hit 70 feet free diving but cant stay down that long but i spear at around 40-50 feet comfortablly so im not that bad

they deepest that i have ever gone was 103 ft i have only done this once or twice and i do not have the intention of going deeper than this that is. this is the depth that i feel comfortable with. if i were to go deeper than this i would want some one down there if something went wrong. for the most part my free diving is around 10-45 feet with a camera i can stay down for around 3- 3.5 min with a personal best of 3.50. my drive though is no how deep i can go but how long i can stay down for. if i want to go deeper i will but i will have some one at the bottom keep an eye on me. FYI i also have an unusually low hart rate that is wright around 40-45 bpm

Some of you guys are diving pretty deep. I've been to 60 feet before. One of my friends took the PFI class and he made it to 90 feet and blacked out when he surfaced.

Divetech in the Cayman Islands took me from 30' drops to my personnal best of 130' in 2 days. They also took my breath hold in the pool from 2 minutes to over 5 minutes.

If that's true (no offence), then that's amazing. I don't do much free diving these days, but I used to do a lot, and relatively few of the people I went with could hold their breath for a full 3 minutes. The idea that within a couple of days of training you could reach 5 minutes is just astounding to me.

I am just about curious enough to go and chat to these guys and see if it is true next time I am in Cayman.

Last edited:
How long were you holding your breath to dive to 130 feet? My friend that did 90 is a very experienced free diver and can hold his breath for a really long time underwater but 90 was enough for him to black out.

worlddiver and others: what are some of the tricks they are teaching you to make such rapid improvements?

I only just started practicing with tables, did them for the third time ever (all three this week). Right after doing both sets, I was really relaxed so I did a couple of holds just to see how long I could go. First one was 3:44, second was 4:10. Considering I've only been practicing for a week, I think it's feasible to have that sort of improvement in a structured class.

I've done 52 ft, however, 20 ft is what I consider my "working" depth. At 20 ft, I have the bottom time to really look around and enjoy things. This is swimsuit only, mask, snorkel and fins.

42 feet. For me, the limit is my ears. This year, I have been working on Frenzel clearing, so I am hoping that will help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom