What item of equipment was a waste of money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure, if you only boat dive, but for those of us living on an island surrounded by coral reefs, one of those is absolutely essential. Plus, there are enough fisherman who ENJOY snagging divers that having a knife is an absolute as well.

Dive booties are a must as well, unless you enjoy stepping on a Crown of Thorns.

:)

Tank banger! Only loud when you're not in water, but when you are... no one can hear it. I tried to grab my buddy's attention (he was close to me, but not close enough for me to reach him) and he couldn't hear the damn thing.

The Acou-Stick U/W communicator works extremely well, though! This is one accessory I don't regret buying.

Dumbest damn thing I ever bought!! It's a hallow tube with a plunger that you pull, and it is supposed to suck the shrimp into the tube! I can catch the shrimp better by hand than with one of these things!! Deep sigh!! ages

I bought the first Dacor Rig BC. Piece of junk. I lost weight pockets on three dives. The final time I did an uncontrolled ascent from 60ft. I cut those pockets off. Also, the material is so tough and smooth that it doesn't grip a wetsuit and rides up around my head. The sizing is so off that I'm using a small with all the adjustments on the smallest setting and I'm 5' 10", 180 lbs, and with a 42" chest. I just put together my new BP/wings and can't wait to try it.

Inspector#2 once bubbled...
Diver down float that some a$$ tried to take while I was on a deco stop.

ROFL... This has got to be a great story just dieing to get out :)

A few years ago I bought a pair of Dacor Integra fins. They're huge, stiff as boards, and provided me with plenty of practice doing cramp removal on my open water training dives.

3 freakin wetsuits for my daughters off ebay that were all the wrong size soon otw to sunny florida and a Boyscout troop

:tease: Which, by the way of an introduction, is a GREAT way to rid yourself of some of that extra ballast in your garage. We will take just about anything SCUBA and provide you with a receipt for giving to a charity. We are always looking for equipment to use with the kids and would appreciate it. PM me (like Cherry did) if you have anything to donate... and may you be blessed for even considering it. BTW, we also take cash/check donations if that is more convenient for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom