What to bring to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everything mentioned is good but if you pay attention to your DM and group you should be good. Just did Coz: underwater light(compact) , anti -itch creme, underwater camera! are great, I wish I had taken them. I never did see the biodegradable sunscreen in any store in Coz, Playa del Carmen or Isla Mujeres. Take sunscreen with you it is expensive there. And do not put in your carry on.
A few other things: don't change a lot of your US $$ to pesos. It does not benifit you too much. And it is very difficult to get US $ in MX. It is easier to get pesos from an ATM.
What I did was open a seperate checking account at my bank and put $$ into it so I had a seperate debit/ATM card to use. And when I needed to add more money I transferred it online. I did this because I have automatic deposit with paychecks and auto deduction for my bills and morgage. I just did not want any hassles with my primary checking account.

It's only difficult to get USD changed to MXN at a bank. Any of the zillion exchange houses are no problem at all.

I rarely burn in the sun. I swim outdoors 3-4 times a week and brown up pretty good for a gringo. I do use sunscreen, neutrogena ultra sheer, good stuff. Cortisone creme is great, in the PI for the mosquitos itches.
My plan is to take cash in smaller bills like $1, 5, & 10's, put these in the safe and use for tips to DM's, maids, waiters, etc..; then Travelers checks for the resort and dive shop, (blue angel said that was good by them), and my co-worker who is from Tijuana is giving me a couple hundred in pesos, and these would be for taxis, restaurants, souvenirs, beer, margaritas, beer, and more beer....:coke:

It's only difficult to get USD changed to MXN at a bank. Any of the zillion exchange houses are no problem at all.
What he said was that he thinks it is very hard to get $US in Mexico. Actually, it's not; many ATM's on Cozumel give you a choice between dollars and pesos. Even so, I don't know why anyone would want to go to the trouble to do that. Other than hotel, dive shop, and fishing boat charges, I deal exclusively in pesos when I'm there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom