What type of swim suit do you prefer (not brand)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear bikini bottoms with a racerback sports bra on top. I have found some that are made out of swimsuit material so getting wet isn't an issue, and that also allows me to avoid the most uncomfortable knot of strings at the back of my neck that a bikini top often provides.

For diving, especially I prefer a suit with more coverage. H20wear.com has many options for seperate tops and bottoms. I like a one-piece with front zip that has bike-short legs. Their suits are POLYESTER not lycra, so they hold up exceptionally well to salt water and chlorine and do NOT stretch or fade. I have some 4 years old that still look new.

Ok, so here's where I'm at. Bikini top, covered by a rash guard. For bottoms I'm looking for a fuller coverage swim suit bottom and will wear board shorts over them or, if the bottoms are flattering enough I'll skip the board shorts except to wear on the boat. How many men are having this conversation? (other than chiming in that we should simply wear less fabric - and face it, he wasn't talking to women my shape and age!!!)

Ok, so here's where I'm at. Bikini top, covered by a rash guard. For bottoms I'm looking for a fuller coverage swim suit bottom and will wear board shorts over them or, if the bottoms are flattering enough I'll skip the board shorts except to wear on the boat. How many men are having this conversation? (other than chiming in that we should simply wear less fabric - and face it, he wasn't talking to women my shape and age!!!)

This is why men will never have a conversation like this one:

Women look at themselves in the mirror and see a visual of them being 50 pounds overweight and fat.
Men look at themselves with a big fat gut and see a visual of their 18 year old perfectly fit body.

Just more of the dual standards in our world.

Now you understand the 400 pound guy with a speedo and the 100 pound woman with a one piece suit.

Less fabric is always better for females. Guys can make up their own minds if they want to look or not.

I don't use a swim suit--I buy black lycra bike shorts and tank top style Danskins yoga shirts--they come in 100% nylon so they dry quickly, and I like the bra built into them. They are really inexpensive, too!

This is why men will never have a conversation like this one:

Women look at themselves in the mirror and see a visual of them being 50 pounds overweight and fat.
Men look at themselves with a big fat gut and see a visual of their 18 year old perfectly fit body.

Thank you for saying this! This is one of the few times that I would agree with Henry Higgins and wonder "why can't a woman be more like a man?"

Back
Top Bottom