what was the first dive gear you purchased?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BC, Reg, computer, surface marker, sturdy mesh bag to carry it all in. Shortly after that it was wetsuit (3mm) followed by another wetsuit (5mm), hood and gloves. Learned to wreck dive off shore NC and got bigger surface marker and air horn. Later on it was dive skin, tank, another computer (I dive with a back up). Then came more stuff. When I took AOW, my instructor told me it was a gear-intensive sport and she was certainly right.

BC's, then regs, then everything else under the sun. Then more regs, more BC's, vintage stuff, it never ends. It's like Disney World; it'll never be completed.

Regulator, of course. There were no BCs, computers, not even SPGs back when LBJ was in office. After the reg, a Parkway sharkskin wetsuit. It was like a miracle when SPGs became available. "Now even idiots can scuba dive" I thought to myself. I was right.

BC, regs and computer! Then everything else... then two of everything... then three... and you get the point :shakehead:

First, a wet suit (I needed a custom one because there wasn't anything to fit me as I'm, 6'7" tall), and immediately afterwards, new BC, garage sale regs (SP 109's & a MK-10), new gauges (no computers then), a PADI "Wheel" (class was on paper Navy Tables)..... oh yeah, a light to do a night dive...

oh, almost forgot, a trip to San Salvador, Bahamas........ my first 18 dives after certification....

lets not discuss what has been purchased since then.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom