what was the first dive gear you purchased?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took my open water class in gear I purchased, since...5 regulators, 2 bp/w, 2 back inflate BCDs, 1 sidemount setup, etc etc etc

Upon OW certification I drove across town to a dive shop that carried the brand of gear I had settled on and bought tank, BC, regs, fins, mask etc. Held off on the computer for a while though...

A wetsuit. Found 7mm clearance at Scuba.com. Then bought my BC. Zeagle Stiletto. Next was a dive computer. Aeris XR-1. found it at Scubatoys.com clearance $120.

Aeris EX Lite BCD (Amazon has the option to use AMEX points lol)
then knife, which I've attached to the inflator hose
then Aqualung reg off ebay lol

haven't tried them yet

next purchase is a wetsuit

I don't plan to buy a tank. Any compelling reasons to do so?

Last edited:
Simply put "everything".
Once I finished the OW course, which required me to get the mask, fins and snorkel (the latter which has been stowed away in the gear box ever since), I bought a complete set of gear, with a drysuit - wetsuits and Norway just makes for a damn short season..

Other than my Voit fins, mask and snorkel set, I bartered for a steel 72, harness and a US Divers DA Aquamaster double hose regulator. I later bought a big, US Divers knife with a leg sheath and a Healthways capillary depth gauge. This was all I used for diving for over a decade until I bought a US Divers Aquarius single hose reg. I never bothered with a BC, octo or wetsuit until my sons started diving three years ago. Since then, I've gone hind of gear crazy and now my house is full of diving stuff.

I still like double hose regs and dive mine whenever I get the chance.

It was either a Halcyon BP/W or an Aqualung Legend with a 7' hose. I remember having both in my AOW class, along with a dry suit.

BCD Coltri sub, 3 pairs of fins (incl one pair of Beuachat Power jet), Regs, Catalina Tanks (Four), 2 x Masks, Coltri Shark 9 Knife, Scuba pro snorkel with anti splash, Rash guard, 3mm, 5mm & 7 mm suits with hood coltri again, coltri dark light torch, diver down floats with flag and of course Coltri MCH 6 portable compressor and some more knick knacks consumables & spares, Mares Puck

Last edited:
Skindiving gear.....
Bare Veoicity 5/4 wetsuit, Dove it today
Aeris Velocity fins, retired a few years ago when a rib failed after 100's of scuba dives and many miles of open and pool freshwater surface action
Deep Sea Booties, used today. Seasoft Stealth just arrived today so the oldies go into semi retirement.
Weight belt and weights, still in use
3mm gloves still used for occasional warm water dives and cool weather gear cleaning.
Mask (prescription), MIA when the strap flipped on a back roll, lesson learned.
That was day 1 at the LDS....... it never seems to end between myself and my wife. We scuba certified in 2005 and all of the skin-diving gear carried over.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom