what was the first dive gear you purchased?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
TSandM
Well, I bought all my personal gear (mask, fins, snorkel, booties, gloves) before my OW class, because we had to.

Likewise. And all were replaced in short fashion.
sad.gif

Actually, I didn't replace that stuff quickly at all. I still have the gloves and booties I bought for class, but I only use them in warmer climes. The mask I eventually replaced, because it didn't fit all that well, and the snorkel went . . . somewhere.

It was the really EXPENSIVE stuff that got replaced almost immediately :)

I bought mask, split fins and snorkel for OW class. Still use the mask, and actually still bring the snorkel for puttering around in the shallows :)

The splits were later traded for paddle fins.

I went straight to BP/W and Apeks regs with long hose / bungeed back-up and I'm still using those too :)

Folding knife, computer, compass came somewhere in there too.

first scubapro BCD T-Blach with regulator MK25/S600 after that wetsuit (0.5mm), now i want buy one of the diving computer , but i confused about the diving computer, any advice about diving computer please.:D

First think I bought was a regulator...and that kind of made me mad. I spent a long time looking and deciding and went with a mid level but really wanted the more expensive one. I realized I had a lot of stuff to buy so I told him I would take the mid-level. He rang it up, I looked at the price and said "That is not what is on the ticket." He was like "Well yea, but everyone negotiates on the price and the posted price doesn't mean much so I gave you the standard discount"

I say it made me a little mad because if I had known that I could get a discounted price I would have bought the more expensive one...and if I had been a little older/wiser I would have told him to stop the sale and give me the more expensive one..oh well, lesson learned.

I negotiated on major SCUBA purchases after that.

:)

I bought a package deal of NOS equipment. Zeagle Ranger, Mares Mr12 Voltrex, Oceanic computer/pressure gauge setup. Still using the voltrex but the Ranger and the oceanic computer are gone.

I first got certified back in high school and didn't dive much until after I graduated college. As soon as I had a steady job I bought a complete set of gear, so my first prchases aside from the mask, snorkel and fins were a BC, reg and wetsuit.

Actually, I didn't replace that stuff quickly at all. I still have the gloves and booties I bought for class, but I only use them in warmer climes. The mask I eventually replaced, because it didn't fit all that well, and the snorkel went . . . somewhere.

It was the really EXPENSIVE stuff that got replaced almost immediately :)

isn't that the truth!

Wetsuit, weights, replaced cheap crappy uncomfortable mask, regs, computer, BC, light & knife, replaced fins. Soon to come, tank, hopefully I'll buy a dry suit for christmas and probably quit buying stuff for awhile after that.

GlowWorm, I bought fins/booties/spring straps eventho shop supplied everything for cert.

Next was BC, reg, weights, mesh bag, weight bag, computer. Memory fails in what order came next...shorty wetsuit, whistle, lycra sox, lights, safety sausage, noise maker,camera w/strobe, full wesuit, finger spool, reel after I dropped finger spool, dive flag, a cool folding anchor for dive flag, another pair of booties.....old ones were a stuggle to get fins off, new weights and bag....old ones were stolen. Newest? Hyper Flex wetshirt.

Why all the detail? To show you what you're in for if you get addicted like the rest of us. And hey, I'm just a regular recreational diver that's only been diving for 3 years.

BC, regs corrective lens for the mask, and computer right after Open Water class. Since then, a fleece hood to keep the stingy things off and added a 5mm for winter dives. Tried a 7mm, but it was too restrictive, so I just tough it out in 50 something water. Grew up in the PNW, all the water is 50 something there! Two more computers and a reasonable amount of accessories.

Funny thing, I'm going to be buying my fourth snorkel soon, lost the last one in Fiji, the one before that, I tore the flex hose in the BVI and ended up with a cracked barrel on the first. Apparently, I'm he11 on snorkels. :shakehead:

Last night, the Dive Club speaker was showing off one of the emergency radio/rescue beacon units, makes sense as we do more blue water dives. Now, I have to build a convincing, bullet-proof argument for the dive buddy! :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom